Transcend Wi-Fi Personal Hotspot Connection Issue

Help and ask for help on Transcend Wi-Fi card related problems

Transcend Wi-Fi Personal Hotspot Connection Issue

Postby Todfrank » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:45 pm

I am trying to use ShutterSnitch with a Transcend Wi-Fi card using Internet mode connected to the personal hotspot on my iPad. I am able to get it working perfectly using the transcend app. I have not been able to link to the card using ShutterSnitch. It does not appear that ShutterSnitch is listening to the transcend card and I do not see how to make it work. I have followed Brew directions to no avail. Shuttersnitch is listening to 172.20.10.1 port 26000. Where does this come from it is this the correct address & port?

Works great in direct mode. I believe I get better distance in Internet mode.

Ipad ios 6 128gb
Transcend 16 gb fv 1.5
Nikon 5100
Verizon

Can someone advise? You and your help is appreciated.
Todfrank

Re: Transcend Wi-Fi Personal Hotspot Connection Issue

Postby TheBrew » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:52 pm

Testing it now - it looks like the card doesn't reply when it's connected to the iOS Personal Hotspot... hm. Will return when I know more!
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:55 pm

Todfrank wrote:Shuttersnitch is listening to 172.20.10.1 port 26000. Where does this come from it is this the correct address & port?

This is the unique IP that your device has gotten on the network. The port is only interesting if you intend to connect to ShutterSnitch via FTP. But since you're using a Transcend card, you don't have to worry about that.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:21 pm

OK. Problem found.

Sadly it's only fixed with an update of the app - so this will be addressed in version 2.9.3 that should be out within a week if Apple keeps up the one-week track record.

Thank you so much for reporting this!
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Transcend Wi-Fi cards