Move to 'Camera Roll'

Help and ask for help on Transcend Wi-Fi card related problems

Move to 'Camera Roll'

Postby zuzullo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:25 pm

Hello.
I am a long-run Eye-Fi user and I got my first Transcend 32Gb wifi.
How can we move/copy a video file from the card to the 'Camera Roll'?

thanks in advance!
Z
zuzullo

Re: Move to 'Camera Roll'

Postby TheBrew » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:34 pm

Tap the multi-selection / export mode button (arrow going out of a box) and select the photos you want to save. Then tap the arrow that goes up and pick "Photo Album". (I guess I should rename that to "Camera Roll"..)

If you want this to be done for every photo that ShutterSnitch receives, you can set up an Action to do this automatically. In this example I add a Dropbox export action, but you could instead just pick the "Save to Photos" action.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby zuzullo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:53 pm

Even for videos? Actually the videos are not showing at all - only a JPEG of the first frame in the video appers!
But it takes time to transfer that video, it even shows:
zuzullo

Postby TheBrew » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:59 pm

ShutterSnitch is not made for videos, only photos.

It'll receive any file, but only display photos.

Movies aren't saved to the Camera Roll, no.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby zuzullo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:18 pm

TheBrew wrote: It'll receive any file, but only display photos.

Where are the "other files" being downloaded to?
We dont need to see it in ShutterSnitch. As long as we can tap the file and send it to another APP.
zuzullo

Postby TheBrew » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:32 pm

They're saved to the same folder the other files are.

ShutterSnitch is meant for fast previews of the photos you take. It's specifically programmed to ignore everything else but photos. ..so you should only transfer movies if you want to free up space on your card. This could change in the future, but don't hold your breath.

If you want to get the movies out of ShutterSnitch, you can do this by connecting to it via an FTP or WebDAV client, or iExplorer and download them.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby zuzullo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:08 pm

Ok but you mean that videos should then be in the same folder as the photos, right?
We cannot find/see the video files in any of the folder created in ShutterSnitch! Only the preview JPG file is showing. :/
zuzullo

Postby TheBrew » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:17 pm

They're in the folder, ShutterSnitch just isn't displaying them in the browser/filmstrip.

Look inside the collection via one of the tools I listed above and you'll find them.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby zuzullo » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:51 pm

TheBrew wrote:Tap the multi-selection / export mode button (arrow going out of a box) and select the photos you want to save. Then tap the arrow that goes up and pick "Photo Album". (I guess I should rename that to "Camera Roll"..)

If you want this to be done for every photo that ShutterSnitch receives, you can set up an Action to do this automatically. In this example I add a Dropbox export action, but you could instead just pick the "Save to Photos" action.

Brew, we are am loving it!
1 - Is it possible to export,(to "Camera Roll"), only the items that we have rated? We have rated over 100 items out of 1k+. Now we wish to export them to the "Camera Roll" so that they become available for further editing in other APPs.
2 - Are the items re-compressed when exported? If so, is that a way to copy them exactly as they are? We would like to preserve the original shot until it reaches the editing program/APP.
zuzullo

Postby TheBrew » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:10 pm

zuzullo wrote:1 - Is it possible to export,(to "Camera Roll"), only the items that we have rated? We have rated over 100 items out of 1k+. Now we wish to export them to the "Camera Roll" so that they become available for further editing in other APPs.

You'll be able to do the following when version 2.9.6 is approved (in a couple of weeks?):
If you tap the star-button in the toolbar to reveal the rating bar, you'll see a star-filter-button in the bottom of that bar. Tap that to only show rated photos in the film strip. Then tap the export/multi-select button in the toolbar and tap the half-filled circle in the bottom right-hand corner to select all photos (which will exclude all non-rated, since you've filtered on that). Then tap the arrow-out and pick "Photo Album".

zuzullo wrote:2 - Are the items re-compressed when exported? If so, is that a way to copy them exactly as they are? We would like to preserve the original shot until it reaches the editing program/APP.

The safe answer is yes. It IS possible that you can pass photos through the Camera Roll without having the bytes changed, but it's also very possible that it'll happen. It may be fine now, but can change at any time. You'll have to test it in your specific scenario.
If you rate a photo in ShutterSnitch, then the file will be re-compressed. So if you want to avoid having the original file changed, don't rate it. And perhaps do the exporting/exchange via Dropbox, FTP, or WebDAV. You could also keep the files on your memory card and then email a list of the rated photos (also via the multi-select mode -> export to -> selection list) and match up the filenames that way.
TheBrew
The Developer

Next

Return to Transcend Wi-Fi cards