Transcend Wifi 32GB Sdcard Timout

Help and ask for help on Transcend Wi-Fi card related problems

Re: Transcend Wifi 32GB Sdcard Timout

Postby thaichristen » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:44 am

automatic sleep within camera was turned off all the time.

Today I plugged the card into the Apple Camera connector kit into my iPad. Since the connector kit powers the card I can connect to the card without the camera. I opened Shuttersnitch and imported the exact photos. The same time out error.
So the problem must lie in your software. Do you think this bug will be resolved within the next release?

For the last 2 years I have been using Eye-Fi and it works. However, what I like more about Transcend is the ability to select and import files individually into Shuttersnitch.
thaichristen

Postby TheBrew » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:04 am

Try typing this into the location bar in Safari on your iPad: shuttersnitch://?WiFiCardRetryBadJPEGs=0 and press Go.

That will open ShutterSnitch and tell you that it won't check for bad JPEGs. Does that solve the problem?

By default ShutterSnitch will retry downloading JPEGs if the incoming file isn't terminated correctly. Some cameras don't generate "proper" JPEGs so they fail that test.

Could you attach a JPEG from your camera here so I can check its formatting?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby thaichristen » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:51 am

this seems to work with the link in safari. thanks!

now, do I have to do this every time or is it just a one time thing? If not, can you save it in the settings?
thaichristen

Postby TheBrew » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:05 am

Great! Then we know that it is in fact the JPEG files.

ShutterSnitch remembers the setting you just gave it through Safari. No need to do it again. (But if you ever want to return to the default state, just call it again replacing the =0 with =1)

Could you please attach a photo so I can give Leica files some special handling in future versions?
It's important that it hasn't been through the Photos app on your iPad since it must be the original file.
If you do it through a browser on a computer, picking it directly from your card that would be perfect.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby thaichristen » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:18 am

Super cool! Thanks a lot for your support!

Shuttersnitch is the greatest :-)

I tried to upload the Leica file but it said invalid file. Any idea?
thaichristen

Postby TheBrew » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:22 am

Hm. Do you have other ways of sharing it? A public Dropbox link perhaps?
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby thaichristen » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:26 am

try this. Let me know if it works.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/--/L1003145.JPG
thaichristen

Postby TheBrew » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:39 am

Got it. Thank you. :)

And yes, the camera appends ~300KB of Leica specific metadata to the end of the file.

I'll figure something out for the next version. Thanks for the help!
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby thaichristen » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:56 am

Great!

A side note (not sure if I have to open a separate topic for this), I am planning to using the Hyperdrive as backup solution while travelling.
Is there any way Shuttersnitch can access to the files stored on the Hyperdrive? Also transfer files from and to?
thaichristen

Postby TheBrew » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:02 am

I don't have a Hyperdrive myself, so I don't know really.

ShutterSnitch supports exporting to via WebDAV or FTP, so if it supports any of those then at least you can export. But no reading, sorry.
TheBrew
The Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Transcend Wi-Fi cards