FTP Transfer to Synology Diskstation

Help and ask for help on Transcend Wi-Fi card related problems

FTP Transfer to Synology Diskstation

Postby behemoth » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:32 pm

Hey there,

I set up Shuttersnitch that it would send the taken pictures to my Synology Diskstation at home via FTP. That does work but only for JPEGs. So the question is: is it possible to send also the RAW files to my Diskstation?

The point is, that I want to use Shuttersnitch to backup my photos while I am on vacation to my Diskstation. I take pictures, look at them on the iPad, delete the ones that I don't like and send the other ones to my Diskstation via a local WLAN in the hotel (and yes, I know this could take some time, but if you left the iPad connected to the charger over night it should do the trick). So basically there is no need for me to see the RAW files in shuttersnitch, but to send them!

FYI: shuttersnitch is set up to import JPEG and RAW (or ARW, like waht it's called on Sony Cameras) from my Transcend WiFi-Card (which works fine).

Is that possible? I know shuttersnitch is meant for looking at pictures at the time they are taken for control purposes. But I guess this "FTP-Backup-Mode" could be of good use for people travelling only with a camera and an iPad.

so far, behemoth
behemoth

Re: FTP Transfer to Synology Diskstation

Postby TheBrew » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:46 pm

It'll be possible in a future release. I can't say exactly when, but I'm working on it. :)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Re: FTP Transfer to Synology Diskstation

Postby behemoth » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:23 pm

TheBrew wrote:It'll be possible in a future release. I can't say exactly when, but I'm working on it. :)

Thanks for the quick reply! Good to hear :D
behemoth

Return to Transcend Wi-Fi cards