Airprint: Shuttersnitch + Flashair + Selphy 1300 w/o router

Help and ask for help on Toshiba FlashAir card related problems

Airprint: Shuttersnitch + Flashair + Selphy 1300 w/o router

Postby floetenpiet » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:08 pm

Hi everyone and thanks for the quick activation!

I am currently constructing a photobooth and it seems that Shuttersnitch would be the best option for me (I don't own it yet, so I can't figure it out myself ;)) !

My Setup:
Apple Ipad 2 WiFi
Toshiba Flashair W04
Canon Selphy 1300

My question:

Can I use my setup whithout a third party wifi to print directly from Shuttersnitch, using the Toshiba access point mode as a hub? Will I be able to connect both the Selphy printer and the ipad to the flashair wifi and then be able to "find" the printer using shuttersnitch to directly print out of the app? I would like to avoid installing another device, smartphone / router etc., that provides the wifi for all the different devices and then use the internet pass-thru mode.

I am not experienced with how Apple handles wifi connections and or the Airprint protocol. In fact, this is my first Apple product ever ;)

https://www.flashair-developers.com/en/ ... dvanced/3/

I hope, my question is clear and that Shuttersnitch supports this feature!

Thank you
floetenpiet

Re: Airprint: Shuttersnitch + Flashair + Selphy 1300 w/o rou

Postby floetenpiet » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:29 pm

EDIT:

I found this Blog:
http://blog.antonionunes.com/2015/09/wa ... th-fuji-x/

It seems, the Flashair WiFi acts as a fully functioning hotspot, which means my requirement should be possible in theory. Does Shuttersnitch support/provide this as well?

Quote from the aforementioned blog:

Printing
Having guest take shots while simultaneously transferring the photos to a phone or tablet for quick editing and printing was another challenge. The XE-2’s Wi-Fi system is a great feature, but, unfortunately, it doesn’t “multitask” – in truth, the connection isn’t stable enough anyway – so it was not a viable solution.

After some research and testing, I went with a Toshiba FlashAir Wi-Fi SD Card. It recorded the shots and also served as a Wi-Fi hotspot, allowing me to not only transfer shots, but also connect the Canon SELPHY CP-910 printer via Wi-Fi for printing on the fly.

Using the FlashAir App for Android is straightforward. You connect to the card and immediately see every file saved on the SD card. You can then transfer the files to your phone/tablet and do what you want with them.

As people came to ask for their prints, I’d transfer the file(s), quick edit them on Snapseed (basic adjustments and cropping if necessary) and then print them via Wi-Fi. As the camera, phone/tablet and printer were all connected via the card’s Wi-Fi hotspot, it was rather painless. It also proved to be very reliable and worked flawlessly for more than 6 hours.
floetenpiet

Postby TheBrew » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:07 pm

I don't have that Selphy printer, but I know for sure that the CP1200 works, and from what you quote it looks like the 1300 works with the FlashAir as a hot spot, so it should also work with ShutterSnitch yes.

If it for some obscure reason doesn't, click the Report Problem link in the receipt email from Apple and ask for a refund - "The developer said it would work and it doesn't!" :)

And in the interest of openness:

The upcoming version 4.3 will switch to be subscription-based.

If you buy ShutterSnitch before that, you'll always have access to all the functionality and in-app purchases you've bought, but for access to future features and updates you'll need to subscribe (2,99€ a month).

From version 4.3 new customers can download it for free, try it out for a week, and from then on any feature will need an active subscription.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby floetenpiet » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:01 pm

Thanks a lot for the support, I will try it then and report!

Regarding the upcoming subscription: Will Shuttersnitch still be compatible with iOs 9.3.5?
And: will the in App purchases be available for subscripted users without additional payments? When will v4.3 be available?
floetenpiet

Postby TheBrew » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:21 pm

Still works with 9.3.5 yes!

Once you have a subscription you have access to *everything*. There will be no such thing as add-ons anymore.

It's a little special for pre-4.3 customers - since I don't want to take away anything they've paid for, so if they bought add-ons, they'll have access to those without a subscription, but the ones they didn't buy will only be accessible through the subscription.

4.3 is pretty much done from my side (just waiting for the Japanese translation right now). There's also a risk that it won't go through App Review on my first submission (they're *very* particular about how things have to be presented when it involves charging users). So it depends a little on that. We could be talking a few days or perhaps a week (or more if the App Review Team really grills me.. :)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby floetenpiet » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:58 am

Ok, what subscription plans will be available? Only annually? Would I be able to just pay for one month only, then stop it and start again in let's say march? I will only need the photobooth during wedding season.
Can I find any news in a blog or on your website about this?
floetenpiet

Postby TheBrew » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:24 am

So far, I'm keeping it simple: 1 plan. Once-a-month charge through your iTunes account. You can cancel the auto-renewal at any time (at least 24 hours before the end of the current period) and you can resume the subscription whenever you want. The only limitation is on the free trial week - you only get that the first time you sign up.

So to answer your wedding season question: Yes.

This thread has been my first mention of the specifics, and there's really not much else to say. But do ask if you're still unsure about something.

A little follow-up on when 4.3 will come out - yesterday I encountered something really weird with the app-receipt, that would affect existing customers. That's not good, and I'm currently waiting for Apple Developer support to look into it. It's probably just some developer-sandbox issue, but I want to be absolutely sure before I release. So depending on the speed of their support, it could add a week or so to the schedule. This is why I never publicly announce anything before it's ready - there's always something that changes the schedule. :)
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby floetenpiet » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:41 pm

Thanks, sounds reasonable and customer friendly, I like that! Will definitely go for it when it's available!
Keep up the good work!
floetenpiet

Postby TheBrew » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:59 am

(Thanks!)

The subscription based version 4.3 is now approved. If it's not free to download for you yet, it should be in the coming 24 hours. Hope you like it. :)
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby lencl » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:46 am

Hi did you manage to connect the Selphy to your Flashair card? I do get all the time IP address conflict on the printer.
Claude
lencl

Next

Return to Toshiba FlashAir cards