W-04 Card Confirmation Limit

Help and ask for help on Toshiba FlashAir card related problems

W-04 Card Confirmation Limit

Postby Qwerty0 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:26 am

Hi,

I am running SS v4.6 and using shuttersnitch for realtime review of images

I just acquired a flashair w04 and I'm trying to understand my options. Previously I only used shuttersnitch direct with a camera and with an eyefi-pro x2.

When shooting with a Canon camera (direct connect) it only seems to download the newest file shot while connected. If I am disconnected it doesn't try to retrieve missed files (which I assume is intentional and a camera limitation?) when it reconnects.

With the W-04 it seems to pull down files shot since disconnect. I just ran the command SetCardConfirmationLimit=50 and now I'm wondering if I messed up. I was thinking there was a 30 files limit because I saw that somewhere - but was there no limit actually and I just imposed a limit? What is the downside to setting the limit to 500. Am I misunderstanding this entirely?

Basically if I walk away from the iPad and then back in range I want it to retrieve all the files I shot while I was out of range.

Thanks!
Qwerty0

Re: W-04 Card Confirmation Limit

Postby TheBrew » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:09 am

Qwerty0 wrote:When shooting with a Canon camera (direct connect) it only seems to download the newest file shot while connected. If I am disconnected it doesn't try to retrieve missed files (which I assume is intentional and a camera limitation?) when it reconnects.

Correct, and in this case most cameras support importing manually via the wrench-button -> Import images.

Qwerty0 wrote:With the W-04 it seems to pull down files shot since disconnect. I just ran the command SetCardConfirmationLimit=50 and now I'm wondering if I messed up. I was thinking there was a 30 files limit because I saw that somewhere - but was there no limit actually and I just imposed a limit? What is the downside to setting the limit to 500. Am I misunderstanding this entirely?

Basically if I walk away from the iPad and then back in range I want it to retrieve all the files I shot while I was out of range.

By default the limit is 30. Imagine a scenario where you re-install ShutterSnitch, or maybe you've been using your FlashAir card for a while and have 2000 files on it. Now you set it up with ShutterSnitch ..and it starts pulling down all 2000 files because those are new to it. That's a long wait. And for some old files you may not want to import.

So what I do is ask if it's more than 30.

Note that it's a confirmation limit. If the number of new files are below that number, it'll just start pulling them in. If it's more, it'll simply ask if you want to download all 31 (or 2000) files.

Some users often shot more than 30 new photos and didn't want to be bothered by the confirmation question every time - so I added that command to raise the number to something more fitting for their situation.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Toshiba FlashAir cards