The 2nd generation Flash Air looks like not be supported

Help and ask for help on Toshiba FlashAir card related problems

Re: The 2nd generation Flash Air looks like not be supported

Postby monswag » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:33 pm

TheBrew wrote:Yeah, there's the problem.. Thank you for helping out with this!

I'll fix it within the next 24 hours and mail you a test version so we can confirm that it works.

You are so great!
I will be patient for your answer.
Take your time.
monswag

Postby shashinkaman » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:34 pm

Hi,

I spend the better part of my evening trying to figure out why my Toshiba Flashair 16 GB card and Shuttersnitch refused to cooperate and I was getting seriously frustreated until I found this post. I am experiencing the very same problems and was wondering if that fix you were mentioning a few days ago has been created, and if so, how can I 'get it'?
As you can imagine, I am kind of bummed with the fact that my new toys are not working... Looking forward to hearing from you!
shashinkaman

Postby TheBrew » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:01 pm

I fully understand. The price of being first to new technology. :/

I'm pretty sure that I've found a way to support these second generation cards - the problem is that Apple got hacked, as you may have read in the news. Things are currently shut down for developers so I haven't been able to get further..

Hopefully the fix can be out within a couple of weeks.

Sorry for the frustration..
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby shashinkaman » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:52 pm

BUMMER!!

How would I find out about the fix? Would that go through the App. store automatically, or what? Could you be so kind as to give my some idea about that?
Also, just to make sure: if I got myself the 8GB type, would that work with the current software? Or would that also be a second generation card?
Thanks for the feedback.
shashinkaman

Postby TheBrew » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:33 pm

Yes, it would just be an update showing up in the App Store updates.

I'm sure that if you have issues, it's because it's the new version.

While you wait, and just to confirm, try connecting to the card with a web browser and, click the settings-gear icon and you should see the firmware version at the bottom of the page. ..what number is it?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby shashinkaman » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:03 pm

I've been trying to do as you asked, but miserably failed... Anyway, the card is a 16GB SD-WC016G card, which I bought here in Japan and Amazon (Japan) reports that it is available since July 5th 2013 only, so I guess we can conclude that we are dealing with a very recent version...
coming to think of it, I think the 16GB version is not available on Amazon US yet!

So I guess it will be waiting for that update!! Hope that the weather totally sucks where you're at, so that you have to lock yourself in and can spend the next few days 'bug fixing' ; - 0

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
shashinkaman

Postby TheBrew » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:08 pm

"Thanks" ;) - I'm pretty sure it's fixed already in my code - we're just waiting for Apple..
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:39 am

While I was waiting for Apple to re-open the Developer pages, I submitted version 2.10.4 (that was still possible) with what I think could be the solution.

It's now on the App Store. Can you confirm that it works in this version?
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby ThatToshibaDude » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:20 pm

TheBrew wrote:While I was waiting for Apple to re-open the Developer pages, I submitted version 2.10.4 (that was still possible) with what I think could be the solution.

It's now on the App Store. Can you confirm that it works in this version?

Hey,

I don't have ShutterSnitch yet. I'm very interested in using it for my workflow. Just received my camera (Fujifilm X100S) and ordered a Toshiba FlashAir W-02 (2nd generation) 16GB Class 10 card from Japan which should be on my doorstep by Tuesday / Wednesday. I'm a software developer, too. I'm willing to help out.

This card is new, it was announced earlier this month and is likely not coming to US or Europe anytime soon. Architecturally it's slightly different, and from what I can read (in Japanese), Toshiba says the firmware has been written from the ground up for the W-02 model.

I'll try ShutterSnitch and see if it works once I have received my card. In the meantime, is there anything you want to know about the card itself that you want me to try out first?

Yousif~
ThatToshibaDude

Postby TheBrew » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:32 pm

Thanks for the offer!

I don't really have questions until you have the card in hand - so please write back then and I'm sure we'll have it fixed quickly!

(I don't think 2.10.4 did the job. :(

Update: Correction - it did the job. :)
TheBrew
The Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Toshiba FlashAir cards