The 2nd generation Flash Air looks like not be supported

Help and ask for help on Toshiba FlashAir card related problems

Re: The 2nd generation Flash Air looks like not be supported

Postby ThatToshibaDude » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:53 pm

Hey again,

As of today I have received my new FlashAir card. I reached out to TheBrew and we confirmed together that the latest version of ShutterSnitch on the App Store is compatible with the 2nd generation FlashAir cards. Photo import and live shooting works perfectly! Attached is a picture displaying the firmware version for the card.

P.S. Of interest the new FlashAir can retain its settings even after a format. That was the only criticism of the older card, so if you can get ahold of the new card, go for it IMO. I'll conduct some more testing so if anyone has questions, hit me up! :)

Yousif~
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (96.34 KiB) Viewed 8528 times
ThatToshibaDude

Postby TheBrew » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:04 pm

ThatToshibaDude wrote:.. Photo import and live shooting works perfectly! ..

Thanks so much to you and monswag for your help on this!
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby monswag » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:48 am

TheBrew wrote:
ThatToshibaDude wrote:.. Photo import and live shooting works perfectly! ..

Thanks so much to you and monswag for your help on this!

You are welcome.
You did the major job.
And thanks your help too.
My card has the same firmware,but I still stuck in the connection problem.
I have no idea to solve it.
monswag

Postby TheBrew » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:07 am

At what point in the guide does it fail:

1. If this is your first time setup, open ShutterSnitch and tap the Options button in the top left-hand corner in the collection overview. Then pick "Setup Guide", pick the "Toshiba FlashAir card" option and press Done.
2. Turn on your camera and go into the Settings app on your device. Tap the FlashAir network that appears in the Wi-Fi section.
3. Return to ShutterSnitch and enter or create a collection. When the card connects you will see a message at the top of the screen.
4. Then take a photo and watch it arrive!
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby monswag » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:33 am

TheBrew wrote:At what point in the guide does it fail:

1. If this is your first time setup, open ShutterSnitch and tap the Options button in the top left-hand corner in the collection overview. Then pick "Setup Guide", pick the "Toshiba FlashAir card" option and press Done.
2. Turn on your camera and go into the Settings app on your device. Tap the FlashAir network that appears in the Wi-Fi section.
3. Return to ShutterSnitch and enter or create a collection. When the card connects you will see a message at the top of the screen.
4. Then take a photo and watch it arrive!

after setup guide I can see the listening info shows "connected to FlashAir" ,and then the wifi signal disappeared. So I think maybe there are some errors with camera or the card.The connection is very unstable.
monswag

Postby TheBrew » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:59 am

You could try tapping the blue arrow to the right of the FlashAir network in the iOS Wi-Fi settings. The tap "Forget this network". Then try re-connecting and see if that makes any difference.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby monswag » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:18 pm

TheBrew wrote:You could try tapping the blue arrow to the right of the FlashAir network in the iOS Wi-Fi settings. The tap "Forget this network". Then try re-connecting and see if that makes any difference.

I tried. I will try to confirm what is the really trouble when I am at liberty.
Thank you all so much. I will touch you when I have some progress.
monswag

Postby monswag » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:26 pm

TheBrew wrote:You could try tapping the blue arrow to the right of the FlashAir network in the iOS Wi-Fi settings. The tap "Forget this network". Then try re-connecting and see if that makes any difference.

It's so amazing!
The transfer is without issue after I upgrade my iPad to iOS7 and the newest version of ShutterSnitch!!!
So great!
It's puzzle me for a long time.So now I want to share this good news to you ,bro.
And thanks a lot to your respond and hard work in the previous period again.
monswag

Postby TheBrew » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Great! Thanks for the follow-up. :)
TheBrew
The Developer

Previous

Return to Toshiba FlashAir cards