Formatted Flashair Card ..now it's not recognized

Help and ask for help on Toshiba FlashAir card related problems

Formatted Flashair Card ..now it's not recognized

Postby lucius72 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:44 am

Hi. I know it might not be the right place to start a discussion like this but it seems that I can't find any other source for support. Long story short...I've just bought a Flashair 16gb card and by mistake I've formatted it. Now it can only be seen as a normal sd card and it can't be recognized by the Configuration tool utility so I can initialize it. Is there any way to restore the system files back to the card? And how about the files? Can they be found or anyone have these files backed up? Many thanks.
lucius72

Re: Formatted Flashair Card ..now it's not recognized

Postby TheBrew » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:06 am

You can download the latest firmware and the FlashAirTool from this page.

Updating the firmware using FlashAirTool should get you back on track.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby lucius72 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:18 pm

Thanks for your quick answer. I was thinking to update the firmware but there is none for the Flashair 16gb class 10 card on the website. Also no tool can recognize my card. Is there any file that can be added to my card so at least can be seen by the Flashair Utility? Just running out of options here :(
lucius72

Postby TheBrew » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:39 pm

Perhaps try contacting Toshiba support?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby MadDawgJ » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:25 am

Try other card readers and USB ports. Like the Eye-Fi's the Flash Airs use the higher end of the power spectrum for SD Cards and many readers are not designed to the full range if the SD Card specification since nothing else ever used it. Also make sure you are not using a USB hub, those almost never work to initialize the card.

If you are skilled enough there is always the force mount and format option, but you need to know what you are doing so I won't post steps for that here to keep someone from trying it that doesn't know what they are doing.
You've got to find what you love.
-Steve Jobs 1955-2011
MadDawgJ
Contributor Extraordinaire

Return to Toshiba FlashAir cards