FTP failed with Toshiba Flash Air connected with Mobile hand

Help and ask for help on Toshiba FlashAir card related problems

FTP failed with Toshiba Flash Air connected with Mobile hand

Postby Tommaso.Gasperini » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:10 pm

Hello, I have a problem with importing into ftp when you stay connected to the SD Toshiba Flash Air card, in practice I can not upload photos via ftp until I associate myself with a wifi internet network. Using iphone even if no signal 3 / 4G does not work. you know tell me why?
Thank you
Thomas
Tommaso.Gasperini

Re: FTP failed with Toshiba Flash Air connected with Mobile

Postby TheBrew » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:30 pm

iOS devices only offer "one hole" to the outside world to apps. Even if you're connected to a mobile data network, iOS will just offer the Wi-Fi connection to the app.

So if you connect to the FlashAir card, that's the only network ShutterSnitch can talk to.

Newer FlashAir cards offer a "Station/Internet Pass-thru Mode" to let you access the Internet through the card though, so make sure you use this, and not the "Access Point Mode". Read more here: https://flashair-developers.com/en/docu ... dvanced/3/
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Tommaso.Gasperini » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:17 pm

I understand, very kind.
then the action created for automatic sending to ftp only works internally in the application by importing from the camera roll?
Tommaso.Gasperini

Postby TheBrew » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:34 pm

If you don't configure the FlashAir card to give you access to the Internet, then only non-Internet-related actions will work.

Get your FlashAir card to connect to you home-wi-fi so it can give you Internet access.

If you're not around a wi-fi network that the card can connect to, then there's no way. Unless you disconnect from the card. If you disconnect, iOS will fall back to your mobile connection (if you have one) and let ShutterSnitch upload via that.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby mishimayuki » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:01 pm

It would work if you give to the flashair a static address in your iphone (instead of DHCP) and set all other "known" wifi network to 'don't remember this network'. At that point your phone will look for the only possible data connection that would be your 3g or lte
mishimayuki

Return to Toshiba FlashAir cards