On reconnect

Help and ask for help on Toshiba FlashAir card related problems

On reconnect

Postby msatter » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:21 pm

Now the Flashair and IOS 5.1.1 is not working on reconnect is my question if this will work with latest version of Shuttersnitch and start automatically with downloading the missed pictures?
msatter

Re: On reconnect

Postby TheBrew » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:48 pm

If you're having all these problems with your FlashAir card, why not just use your Transcend card?

To answer your question, yes, that's how all versions of ShutterSnitch work.

Could it be you maybe have a defective card?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:07 pm

It could also be that you're putting too much pressure on your iPad. If you're not using any of the other cards, go turn them off in the ShutterSnitch settings and give your CPU / memory a little more breathing room.

Or maybe it's time to upgrade to a new iPad? I imagine upgrading from the original iPad to the new 10.5" iPad Pro is like going from a skateboard to a Lamborghini. ;)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby msatter » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:29 pm

Thanks and I am pleased that the current version of Shuttersnitch is reconnecting so an upgrade in hardware is open. I was thinking the same thing and I have the habit have a night sleep when I decided as something as getting iPad 10.5 which is a good successor of the iPpad Air 2 but then with Apple I have the feeling that they are playing us. iPad development frozen at IOS 5.1.1 and the segmenting the iPad into normal and pro.

My old iPad is still in good shape and I was thinking about reinstalling ShutterSnitch because it is dragging through the pictures now and it was much faster in the past. I think having about 8 shoots on it makes it slower and I have now only the Transcend and the FlashAir activated so not that many cards. I have about 146MB RAM free on start and that can drop to about 40MB during usage.
msatter

Postby msatter » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:18 pm

I counted my blessings and decided not to go for an other iPad and stick with the iPad that I bought especially for ShutterSnitch 6 years ago. It will be my first and also the last device made by Apple because as I mentioned before the product and the price have a to big difference between to my understanding.

ShutterSnitch is installed from scratch on the iPad because I experienced pauses when I went through the pictures. In the recent ones was it less than in the older sets and it could take three to four seconds the selected picture was shown.

To not have that many shoots in ShutterSnitch I use an separate program to be able to show pictures from previous shoots. In this way minimal load is put on ShutterSnitch during shoots and it can do what it is meant to do.

Thanks for the support and I really love to use ShutterSnitch.
msatter

Postby msatter » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:36 pm

It now appears the slowness I experienced before can be caused by rebuilding the cache files. I had copied one fotoshoot back to Shuttersnitch and I changed the CacheFileSize to 1536 (customsize) and I went into the album. I wanted to browse and had to wait before the picture was show.

I look directly in the filesystem and saw that all .thumb were already generated and that the JPG were build-up and that will take a while on my old iPad. If you click an picture that is not already in cache it will be build and kept when you go to an other picture so the next time it will be shown instantly. You just have to give time to ShutterSnitch to rebuild it's cache and you are rewarded with instant view of the picture after that.

This good news because it is not due to the number of shoots in Shuttersnitch and due to the time to rebuild the cache after a change of CacheFileSize of an album.
msatter

Postby msatter » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:17 pm

I have given in and got me an iPad 2017. It is much faster but on receiving each picture it is marginal. You notice the extra speed when importing shoots and then it is much faster in generating the cache pictures. The display is much better despite the touch is plastic like and bendy compared to my iPad 1.
msatter

Return to Toshiba FlashAir cards