Adobe RGB changing to sRGB

Help and ask for help on Toshiba FlashAir card related problems

Adobe RGB changing to sRGB

Postby rog » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:35 pm

Hi,apologies if this has been covered.
I'm a freelance news photographer trying out ShutterSnitch as a means of lightening the load I carry.
Using a FlashAir sd in a Nikon D3. Shooting Raw + Jpeg with jpegs to slot 2,
SS is set to send jpegs to an iPhone 6s, all works fine up to this point.
I send my images to an agency which requires files to be jpegs in Adobe RGB.
I have tried a number of tests and emailed the images to myself rather than send a lot of images to a busy picture desk. When I open the images in Photo Mechanic I noticed they are sRGB, if I upload a raw file to ss I get a ProPhoto RGB but all the metadata has been stripped from the image……..
Camera settings checked and definitely set to Adobe rgb
Set up is Nikon D3
iPhone 6s running ios 11.2.1
SS version 4.1.1
I'm assuming this is some kind of Apple jiggery-pokery but any guidance would be appreciated, no rush its holiday time and I need some Christmas wine……..
Rog
rog

Re: Adobe RGB changing to sRGB

Postby TheBrew » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:34 pm

Enjoy the wine! :)

ShutterSnitch has no code that can change raw files, so that sounds a bit strange.

How do you retrieve the JPEGs from ShutterSnitch?

Do you resize / watermark / edit the JPEGs before sending them on? Because then, yes, they’ll be saved using the sRGB colorspace.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby rog » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:56 pm

Thanks for the quick response, and yes the wine is good!
I dont resize or watermark but I did do some minor edits and a couple of actions to update iptc, headline and caption etc..
I emailed the jpegs to myself from ShutterSnitch for the tests but I'll be ftp'ing them to the agency once I've got my act together!
Rog
rog

Postby TheBrew » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:24 am

If you stick to just adjusting / cropping / updating metadata and make sure you pick the ‘Don’t pre-process’ in the Pre-processing option for the FTP location, then the original file will be sent and the adjustments will be in the embedded XMP metadata.

The agency will then have to open the file in Photoshop / Lightroom so see the edits - but it’ll have retained the Adobe RGB colorspace.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby rog » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:51 am

Thanks again, just had another bash. Using the adjustments add-on for a quick edit everything now seems ok..
God knows what I did earlier!
I'll follow your advice for ftp tomorrow.
Thanks again for the rapid response
Rog
rog

Return to Toshiba FlashAir cards