Flashair STA mode help.

Help and ask for help on Toshiba FlashAir card related problems

Flashair STA mode help.

Postby jayce103 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:03 pm

Hi all,

I finally got round to putting my flashair card wo4 into STA mode. I followed an online tutorial on how to do it but I feel I am missing something. When I put the card into my camera it does not transfer the images, but when I put the card into a card reader on my laptop it sends straight away.

Do I need to put in any FTP settings in the config file or does snitch auto send?

If anyone has done this please let me know how ya did it :)

Cheers,

Jayce
jayce103

Re: Flashair STA mode help.

Postby jayce103 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:47 pm

Update

I can see the Flashair on the network when it is plugged into the laptop and Snitch “finds” it and shows the info in the “show info” bar. When it is in the camera the network scan app doesn’t see it and Snitch doesn’t see it so I think it is something simple that I am missing. Any help from the SnitchGeeks???

Jayce
jayce103

Postby TheBrew » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:12 pm

No, you don't need to do anything beyond what you've already done in ShutterSnitch.

It sounds like it's either the camera preventing the card from starting up or the signal isn't strong enough when it's inside the camera. (I guess you can rule out the latter if it's been working in non-station mode.)

Maybe check if the camera has an "Eye-Fi" mode that has been turned off? Could be related to the 'Eyefi Connected' feature.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby jayce103 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:43 pm

Not sure what the solution is Brian... I can put the card into the camera and select the Toshiba SSID and the images come across. This would suggest that the Eye Fi settings are OK?

Here is my Config.txt file (it should be a txt file right?)

CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
ID=FLASHAIR
APPNAME=flashaircard
APPSSID=MYSSID
APPNETWORKKEY=********
APPAUTOTIME=0
APPMODE=5
UPDIR=/
UPLOAD=1
WEBDAV=2
VERSION=F15DBW3BW4.00.00
CID=*************
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA

Maybe I have entered something wrong (it has been known lol)

Jayce
jayce103

Postby TheBrew » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:08 pm

I must admit I haven't tried configuring mine in Station mode. But since it works outside of the camera for you, it suggests it's related to being inside it. Maybe try Toshiba support?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby jayce103 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:39 pm

Sent them an email this afternoon to see if they can shed some light on it.

Shocked that there is not one video or blog post on how to set it up with a camera. Found a 4 hour vid on Youtube but that was even more confusing as the host was asking for help too lol...

Should get sorted soon I hope.

Jayce

PS: Did you see my other post regarding metadata question? Want to confirm before buying the new add-on
jayce103

Postby TheBrew » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:04 pm

I assume you mean this one? Sorry I only read the Feature Suggestions forum when I have time to add new stuff ..which is damn near never. And it turns out it doesn't pay to work on new stuff, so, yeah..

It supports the tokens described here but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for?
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby jayce103 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:01 pm

Yes that’s the thread mate and I hear what you are saying. The code replacement I am after is to do with sports and event photography. The pros use photomechanical software, but I do most things on my iPad Pro now and looking to transition to IOS. I did buy the Picture Pro app and the Filterstorm app (both do code replace) but I found that the pic Pro crashed all the time and I still used Snitch with Filterstorm as I trust Snitch to ingest more than any other app.

It uses /bra11/ and returns Brazil’s number 11 Philip Courtinio. I am sure you know how it works anyway, but this is an example.

Even after 8 years or so I still use Snitch on a regular basis (Even more now the adjustments have been added), and this is the missing link for my stuff (selfish I know).

I do hope it makes it in.

Jayce
jayce103

Postby jayce103 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:09 am

So no word back from Toshiba yet and still trying to figure this out.

Can anyone confirm if I choose the Toshiba SSID or my network SSID in network station mode?

If I connect to the Toshiba one I get images onto iphone but it will not send images to my ipad (this is on the network). IF I connect my iphone to network it will not receive images form camera. I thought Station mode allows images to be sent across a network? OR am I completely wrong on this? Gonna be a frustrating couple of days trying to get this to work before Friday night lol

PS: Any help will earn you KUDOS points for life....

jayce
jayce103

Return to Toshiba FlashAir cards