Panasonic GH4

Help and ask for help with your DLNA camera

Panasonic GH4

Postby mrbarkan » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:44 pm

Hello,
Is it possible to make shuttersnitch compatible with panasonic's "Image app" cameras? I bought ShutterSnitch to use with a Canon 6D and a Panasonic GH3 that I used to rent, but now I bought me a GH4 and it sucks not being able to work with ShutterSnitch.

I use it on a professional photo shoot where I hook it up to my iPad and just leave it with my client. They loved that. But the Image app is very very unstable.

Thank you, cheers.
mrbarkan

Re: Panasonic GH4

Postby TheBrew » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:15 pm

Dang.. I would have thought that it worked just like the GH3.

Have you made sure the DNS field isn't blank?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby mrbarkan » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:34 pm

Sorry, I'm caught up in an edit. As soon as I'm done later today I'll put it to test. From what I recall, in the GH3 it simply asked to open a compatible app, then I'd open shuttersnitch and both camera and ipad would "see" each other. On the GH4 in other hand it asks for the Image App and when I fire shuttersnitch up, nothing happens.

Again, I'll check later today and post here. Since I have both in hand I'll be able to compare.
mrbarkan

Postby mrbarkan » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:51 pm

It works!!
It was the DNS that was blank. Strange because I never had to mess with that with the GH3.

So yeah, confirmed that Panasonic GH4 works, and maybe you should rename the function from Lumix Link, since it supports ImageApp only cameras as well? =)

Cheers, thank you so much.
mrbarkan

Postby TheBrew » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:44 pm

Perfect! Thanks for confirming this.

Happy snappin' :)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Panasonic LUMIX LINK & ImageApp / Sony DLNA cameras