GH 5 and Shutter snitch

Help and ask for help with your DLNA camera

GH 5 and Shutter snitch

Postby mikedigital » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:34 pm

Lucky me I got a new GH5 today. I have not been able to make it connect with shutter snitch. My GH4 works fine. I follow the directions and can get it to work with the Lumix app but for some reason it will not connect with snitch. Yes the DNS is set any ideas?
It gets to the window wifi connection complete launch smartphone app. Shows image app from Lumix on the camera screen
mikedigital

Re: GH 5 and Shutter snitch

Postby TheBrew » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:44 pm

Congrats on the new toy. :)

If you turn on the Traffic Inspector (ShutterSnitch settings, all the way at the bottom), do you see anything interesting in the log while trying to connect?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby mikedigital » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:21 am

This is what it says
Attachments
IMG_0193.PNG
IMG_0193.PNG (223.54 KiB) Viewed 11977 times
mikedigital

Postby TheBrew » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:55 am

I wonder if the camera doesn't answer at all or if it answers in a new way that ShutterSnitch just doesn't handle.

Would you be willing to install a test version of SS that can give us a little more information about what's going on?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby mikedigital » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:52 pm

sure my email is *snip*
Last edited by TheBrew on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for privacy
mikedigital

Postby TheBrew » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:57 pm

For anyone following along at home: Looks like the GH5 doesn't respond to the reach-outs, so currently it looks like GH5 isn't supported.

If/when I get my hands on one, I'll look further into it.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby mikedigital » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:12 pm

Any more thoughts on this problem? Shuttersnitch does work with downloaded images to my iPad.
mikedigital

Postby mikedigital » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:06 pm

OK I found the way to do this.

Setup your iPad as normally you would for shuttersnitch.

Then do this in this order

Turn on camera. Start wifi.

A screen comes up that says Select {wifi} of {settings} from the smartphone. ( Or your iPad ) Please connect the following. GH5-XXXXX

At the bottom there is a selection box that says DISP.Select wifi function. Press that
it will give the following options

New Connections
Select a destination from History
Select a destination from favorite

You then select which one applies to you ( Select from Favorite because I have mess with this before in the camera.)

I then go to my iPad and select the GH5 wifi signal in settings — wifi

The camera screen will say

wifi connection complete
If you have not launched the smartphone app please launch it.

below that it will say Image App with the Panasonic logo

Now you go to your Panasonic Image app on the iPad and launch it. It will popup to the playback screen select the Home screen.
When that comes up at the top left Center will be a button which should say wait for img trans.
At that point go to the shuttersnitch app and launch it. make a new folder and open it.it will then show the DLNA at the top for a couple of sec and the camera screen will say connected with Image send settings and size of JPG

At the lower right of that screen it will say SET press that button and there you go. Take a photo it will take a few seconds for the image to transfer but it should work.
mikedigital

Postby TheBrew » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:21 pm

Very nice, thanks for the workaround!

Sounds like I just need to know how the GH5 initiates the connection. If you (or any GH5 owners reading along) have a rooted Android device, and could do a tcp packet sniff (I use "Shark") while pairing with the Image App, I could try to make it work.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Panasonic LUMIX LINK & ImageApp / Sony DLNA cameras