Unsupported file format via PC auto save

Help and ask for help on Fujifilm cameras with built-in Wi-Fi

Unsupported file format via PC auto save

Postby rallysnapper » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:13 am

Hi
Can you help with any advice, Ive set up a Fuji x100f sending files over my home network via PC auto save from the camera. The jpegs open fine in Shuttersnitch but once the raw file finishes transmitting into Shuttersnitch it reports, unsupported file format. Im currently running Shuttersnitch app version 4.8.1.
rallysnapper

Re: Unsupported file format via PC auto save

Postby TheBrew » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:01 am

ShutterSnitch relies on iOS to parse raw files and currently the X100F RAF format doesn't seem to be supported.

Feels like they've been neglecting raw support for a while now. Here's hoping they'll give it some attention soon.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Re: Unsupported file format via PC auto save

Postby rallysnapper » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:25 pm

For Fuji snappers who want to use PC Auto Save from the camera to transmit RAF (fuji raw files) into ShutterSnitch you can, when you ask the fuji camera to use PC Auto Save and setting up to go through your home router ShutterSnitch will receive Fuji raw files. I made the mistake of thinking that the camera stopped sending raw files when the back screen of the camera went black as if switching off. Fuji UK told me that state was to save battery and as long as the read/write light was flashing green and orange the camera was still transmitting the raw file, It works, so now to get a MiFi portable router so i can transmit raw whist working outside. Its amazing what this great piece of software can do.
rallysnapper

Return to Fujifilm Wi-Fi