Push, Browse & Download on X100F

Help and ask for help on Fujifilm cameras with built-in Wi-Fi

Push, Browse & Download on X100F

Postby gueorgui » Mon May 08, 2017 9:35 am

Hi,

I have a Fujifilm X100F and I can't seem to make it do anything with Shuttersnitch. I'm interested in the Push and Browse & Download modes, but it doesn't seem like these settings are available in the camera. Am I missing something? Should I be setting something up in the Shuttersnitch app instead?

The setup thread didn't help figure this out, for what it's worth.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help!
gueorgui

Re: Push, Browse & Download on X100F

Postby TheBrew » Mon May 08, 2017 9:58 am

I've only tested ShutterSnitch with X100T and XM1.

What is your wi-fi options on the camera?

Edit: I just ordered one so I can take a closer look. If it's possible to add support for it, I will!
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby gueorgui » Tue May 09, 2017 5:31 am

Hi, thank you so much for actually ordering a camera to check it out! In the meantime, here's the user manual for the X100F, the wireless part is on pages 126 and 131 (there is not much information there unfortunately).
gueorgui

Postby TheBrew » Thu May 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Hm. Works here.

If you haven't done so already, go to the collection overview in ShutterSnitch and tap Options -> Setup Guide. Pick "Fujifilm Wi-Fi".

1. On the camera, press the Menu button. If you're in "Play" mode, go to the play icon and pick "Wireless Communication". If you're in regular photography-mode go to the camera icon and then pick "Wireless Communication" (on page 2).
2. On your iOS device, join the "FUJIFILM-X100F-XXXX" wireless network.
3. In ShutterSnitch, enter or create a collection. You should now be presented with the choice of "Push from camera" / "Browse & download". Pick the one you want and accept the connection back on your camera.

Tip: If you want the original file from the camera and not a smaller compressed one, press Menu on the camera and turn Wrench-icon -> "Connection Setting" -> "Wireless Settings" -> "Resize Image For Smartphone" off.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby gueorgui » Fri May 12, 2017 1:11 am

Thanks for testing!

It is actually completely my bad. I tried (unsuccessfully) connecting with both an iPad and an iPhone before, and didn't realize I had to tell the camera to pair a new device when switching between them. Anyway, it's now working, though the camera often disconnects before all the photos are transferred, but that's probably an issue with ho long it stays awake while idle.

Thanks again for the super useful app!
gueorgui

Postby TheBrew » Fri May 12, 2017 10:06 am

OK, good to hear you're up and running. :)
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Ianmcc » Tue May 23, 2017 3:41 pm

Just bought a X100f I gave up on the fuji app and dusted off my old copy of shuttersnitch and it works like a charm till it says connecting then the phone screen stays blanked the camera spins. The connection says we're connected, I created a new collections, and I tried this after resetting the camera's wireless settings, twice. anything I missed?

thanks!
Ianmcc

Postby TheBrew » Tue May 23, 2017 4:04 pm

Maybe it's a timing problem?

Try exiting to the collection overview screen in ShutterSnitch.
Then start the pairing on the camera, and join the camera wi-fi.
Then go back to ShutterSnitch and enter a collection. (Entering a collection starts looking/pairing. Exiting closes the connection.)
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Fujifilm Wi-Fi