Support for Fujifilm X-T2

Help and ask for help on Fujifilm cameras with built-in Wi-Fi

Re: Support for Fujifilm X-T2

Postby Bernward » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:27 pm

OK. Turning off "Accept JPEGs only" works. No Problem with ending the session any more. X-T2 stays operable after filetransfer. But new problems with transfertime:

- the RAW file Needs a Long time to Transfer. No solution for me. I only want to transfer small JPG's!
- ShutterSnitch don't know fuji RAW-Format ".RAF" and do not Show the RAF Picture.
- I Need the RAW-fils on X-T2 camera sd-card for postprozessing and small JPG-files to show on ShutterSnitch only! No deletion on camera SD-card please.

Is that technically feasible for you?
Bernward

Postby TheBrew » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Sounds like the X-T2 tethering mode is not for you then. I'd stick with the Transcend Wi-Fi card solution instead.

A long description of the PC Shoot tethering mode: "Transfer the files just saved to the card - discarding the original filename - and then delete them". (Update: Scratch the "and then delete them".)

ShutterSnitch uses iOS to read and display the photos. When iOS adds support for a raw format, ShutterSnitch can display it. iOS 10.3.2 (which is what you're running) supports reading RAF files. Maybe the ShutterSnitch setting "Show" (Browser section) is set to "Only JPEGs"'? I can see X-T2 RAF files with "All photos readable by iOS" selected.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Bernward » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:49 pm

a disappointing result for me. Why no such problems with Canon?
Thank you for your help.
Kind regards
Bernward

Postby Bernward » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:46 pm

Hi TheBrew,
i played again with ShutterSnitch setting "Accept JPEGs only" turned off and detected that all taken Pictures, RAW and JPG's, are still remain on SD-Card in the X-T2. It seems as your delete command only deletes the picture in the transfer-buffer of the X-T2 and not on SD-Card. That would be good for my setup and makes me happy.
Now i am waiting for your ShutterSnitch update with deleting the RAW when set "Accept JPEGs only" turned on.
Thank you very much for your help.
Kind regards from Bernward
Bernward

Postby TheBrew » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:45 pm

Oh! I never noticed that - cool. :) I'm hoping the version that fixes the raw issue will be available on the App Store today.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Bernward » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:30 pm

Now ShuterSnitch V3.7.8 is working fine with FUJIFILM X-T2!
Thanks
Bernward

Postby TheBrew » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:33 pm

Great - thanks for confirming!
TheBrew
The Developer

Previous

Return to Fujifilm Wi-Fi