Canon 5D4 and iPad

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

Re: Canon 5D4 and iPad

Postby TheBrew » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:14 am

jackzucker wrote:what's the status of this? A year later and 5d still cannot connect?

Pardon? There are no known issues connecting from a 5D mk4.

Since your posts exhibit typical bot-behavior, please reply to this and explain that you’re a human being. When you do so, include the name of a vegetable of your choice. If you haven’t done so within a week, I’ll close the account.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby jackzucker » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:46 am

Huh? Bot behavior? I'm a human being, i hate green beans. Please post a link to a FAQ for getting shuttersnitch to work with the 5d MK IV because I have been unsuccessful thus far.

Pardon? There are no known issues connecting from a 5D mk4.

Since your posts exhibit typical bot-behavior, please reply to this and explain that you’re a human being. When you do so, include the name of a vegetable of your choice. If you haven’t done so within a week, I’ll close the account.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

jackzucker

Postby jackzucker » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:56 am

well, i got it working. The trick seemed to be to have the camera connect to PC/EOS Utility instead of smart phone. Also, I entered 192.168.1.2 for the host though I'm not sure that did anything. It'd be nice if there was a link to various cameras and the setup procedures. odd that I get accused of being a bot when I report an issue...
jackzucker

Postby TheBrew » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:43 am

Bot behavior = pick a couple of topics, post a single line that “they” also have that issue/wish, then lay dormant for a while, then post spam. Since this thread already cleared up that support was added and was confirmed working, I assumed you were a bot. Sorry about that.

Guides for Canon cameras are available here: viewforum.php?f=19 (6D/5Dmk4 = same)

Good to hear you got it working.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby phc » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:53 pm

Can you post a simple guide to connecting the Canon 5d mk4 to Shuttersnitch ?
Im getting my Canon 5d MK4 tomorrow. I have been runing My 5d mk2 with wireless grip for 8 years over a router.
I remember it being a nightmare to set up, and I would not know know to do that again. But is has worked 100% perfectly for 8 years.
Just hope that the 5D mk4 is easier and maybe do not need to router but just connects directly to the ipad.
Best
Peter

TheBrew wrote:Edit: To save new readers some time: Yes, ShutterSnitch supports 5D mk4 now.

I haven't tested it. Maybe they've changed something in the spec.

Do you pick the Canon 6D option in the ShutterSnitch Setup Guide?

Could you try going into the ShutterSnitch settings, scroll all the way to the bottom and turn on "Traffic Inspector". Then pair the camera and see if the log says anything interesting.
phc

Postby TheBrew » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:49 am

Yes, FTP grips are hell :) Luckily we’ve come a long way since then - you’ll find the guides here: viewforum.php?f=19
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby phc » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:27 pm

I got the Mk4 connected directly to ipad/shuttersnitch. It works....most of the time. Falling of when I want to shot to another folder, and I have to start the connection over, when the camera has been shut off.
I would really like to connect it the old way like I did with the grip via the router.
This setup seemed much more stable and I could turn off the cam and it would just reconnect when I turned it on again.
But I simply cannot get it to work. I have tried putting in all the same IPs and Ports in the new MK4 but I simply cannot get it to connect to the Shutttersnitch server.

Can anyone guide me through the Canon 5d mk4 manual wifi FTP setup to have it talk to the Snuttersnitch FTP.
Things I am aware of:
The router net called CANONNET gives both the ipad and camera an IP automatically.
Therefor I have always turned on the ipad first - It was then given 192.168.123.100
Then I turn on the camera and it was given 192.168.123.101
The Shuttersnitch FTP is listening on 192.168.123.101
Port is 26000
Username snitch
Password_ XXXXX I know the password.

I have tried another fifty times now. I keep getting a 'No response from DNS server' when trying to setup FTP. What could this mean ?

But there seems to be a few more settings in the mk4, than in my old wifi grip.
I am no wifi hero and I might be missing obvious settings.

Can anyone guide me ?
Last edited by phc on Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phc

Postby TheBrew » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:51 pm

phc wrote:The Shuttersnitch FTP is listening on 192.168.123.101

Is that 101 a typo? If the iPad was given the IP 192.168.123.100, that would also be the IP ShutterSnitch is listening on.

If you’re seeing the IP 192.168.123.101 at the top of the screen when you enter a collection, then that’s the IP the router has given your iPad - and you’ll need to tell your camera that there’s where the FTP server is.

But then again, I’m confused that you say the camera was given 101. Two devices can’t have the same IP. (Well, they could, and then nothing would work.)

phc wrote:Password is snitch

And since the username is snitch too, they’re both snitch, correct? (Just checking)
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby phc » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:03 pm

TheBrew wrote:
phc wrote:The Shuttersnitch FTP is listening on 192.168.123.101

Is that 101 a typo? If the iPad was given the IP 192.168.123.100, that would also be the IP ShutterSnitch is listening on.

YES 101 was a typo. It is 100. Ipad is showing 100. Yes I am aming the Camera at .100 as the FTP.
I corrected some settings.
Username snitch
Password: xxxx
But I keed getting 'No response from DNS server' at the end of the setup.
phc

Postby TheBrew » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:17 pm

Wow, dns should never be a part of this when we’re just using IP addresses.

Sounds like a pedantic setup guide. Do you have a way of setting it up manually instead?
TheBrew
The Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi