Ipad Pro & 1dx iii

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

Ipad Pro & 1dx iii

Postby Jake » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:16 pm

Anyone have the 1DX Mark iii working with the WFT-E9 yet? I just got a new ipad pro, and am looking to get them linked up today. Just wondering if anyone else has either one of these or both working together? Just need some encouragement that it is, indeed possible.

side note: I've had the Mark ii and older ipad pro working pretty flawless the last couple years, but it's time to upgrade. Planning on sitting down with them today and hopefully get everything working. Fingers crossed!

Thanks!
Jake

Re: Ipad Pro & 1dx iii

Postby Jake » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:48 pm

Well little update. Spent a couple hours getting it set up and got it working. However, files are painfully slow to transfer. Any thoughts? Sending jpegs only...
Jake

Postby ZikD22 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:16 pm

I'm using a pair of Canon 1DX MarkIIIs connected via a Netgear wifi router and the WFT-E9 and the sending speed is really fast with both JPG and RAW files. Only issue is the CR3 files are blank and can not be read by Shuttersnitch. Any hope of having these files supported in a future update?
ZikD22

Postby TheBrew » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:28 pm

ZikD22 wrote:I'm using a pair of Canon 1DX MarkIIIs connected via a Netgear wifi router and the WFT-E9 and the sending speed is really fast with both JPG and RAW files. Only issue is the CR3 files are blank and can not be read by Shuttersnitch. Any hope of having these files supported in a future update?

See my post here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2782&p=12515#p12515
In short: ShutterSnitch asks iOS to read the image - when it supports it, ShutterSnitch will show it. :)
If you have a Mac, be sure to follow the link ..in the post I linked to.. I was able to get iOS to read an EOS R CR3 by doing some voodoo.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby ZikD22 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:22 pm

OK will try that out but my mac running Catalina 10.5.5 does not open the CR3 from this camera using the built in OS Apple RAW converter.
ZikD22

Postby TheBrew » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:48 pm

Ok, then it won’t work. Here’s hoping they add the parser soon.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi