Can't connect in ipados14

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

Re: Can't connect in ipados14

Postby TheBrew » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:43 am

Good news - I found my old 6D, and I can reproduce the issue with that!

I'll look into what causes it at hopefully have a fix out soon.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Anuchaskk » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:59 am

Ok. good new for me too.
Thank you and I will wait for your fix it.:)
Anuchaskk

Postby TheBrew » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:26 pm

Alright. Argh.

iOS 13: 5DMk4 and 6D pair perfectly in Camera Access Point mode.
iOS 14: 5DMk4 pairs perfectly ..but 6D fails.

It looks like iOS 14 isn't really done setting up the network until about 8 seconds after connecting to it. Around that 8 second mark iOS restarts the network service (or something) because any connections made during that time are simply dropped.

Perhaps I don't experience it on the 5Dmk4 because the network interface/protocol is faster to initialize than that of the 6D. I don't know.

I don't have high hopes that there's anything I can do—besides filing a bug report with Apple—but a workaround for you for now would be:

* In ShutterSnitch, exit the current collection, so you're in the collection overview (that way ShutterSnitch won't be trying to connect to the camera).
* Go to the Settings app and join the camera network. Wait for the spinner to turn into a blue check-mark and then slowly count to 10. Update: Actually, just wait for this: after five seconds the checkmark disappears and the wi-fi symbol in the status bar goes away, then after a second the checkmark and wi-fi symbol re-appear - and now the network is ready!
* Open ShutterSnitch and enter a collection. Now the camera should be able to pair uninterrupted.

Another workaround could be to have the camera connect via a local wi-fi network - but I guess you're not doing that because you don't want to be tied to a specific location.

I'll keep looking into this, maybe adding an enforced 10 second wait in ShutterSnitch for 6D connections on iOS 14.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Anuchaskk » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:14 pm

Today,I use app in my job.
I connect my camera with ipad and wait in 5 second in Setting App.
Later I open ShutterSnitch it can connect normally. It OK. I can use App in my work. :)
But I get problem in Overlays. I can't change pic of overlay.It crash on first overlay.(pic)
Attachments
4C68B363-CB86-40F1-8CEC-5FF2560ECA52.jpeg
4C68B363-CB86-40F1-8CEC-5FF2560ECA52.jpeg (2.61 MiB) Viewed 158 times
Anuchaskk

Postby TheBrew » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:43 pm

"Crash" is a very important word to get right: Crash means the app dies and you're sent to the home screen. (This is very very very bad.. so when I hear that word, by blood pressure automatically doubles! Don't worry, I survived this time ;)

I assume it doesn't *crash*, but just doesn't work? (since I can reproduce that too - thanks for letting me know!). Looking into it.

Update: Fixed. Amazing how many things iOS 14 is breaking :) I hope to submit the fixed version to Apple tonight. Let's hope they approve it quickly.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Anuchaskk » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:18 pm

I’m terribly sorry. May be i use it wrong word and wrong mean.
"Crash"in i mean.it not choose other overlay
I'm really sorry for this my mean again.-.-'
Ok.I will wait for App update.I hope apple approve quickly too. :)
Anuchaskk

Postby TheBrew » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:06 pm

No worries! Good to get rid of bugs. I've just submitted 5.0.4 for review; hope they move fast. :)
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Anuchaskk » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:09 pm

Today, I update app.
It OK.
Connect OK.
Overlay can change.
And now i not problem for this update.
If I get problem.I will tell you.
Thank you for Update. :)
Anuchaskk

Postby TheBrew » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:24 pm

Hehe, thanks for letting me know!
TheBrew
The Developer

Previous

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi