Canon R5 connection issues

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

Canon R5 connection issues

Postby Brogaard » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:57 pm

I have been using my Canon R5 with great succes on Shuttersnitch/Ipad. Apart from the photos didn't popup automatically, but where to get downloaded - but I could live with that. I have now upgraded to the latest Canon firmware and the new IOS 14.5 - and I can't establish a connection with the R5. Only connection possible is through the Canin Connect, which we all know sucks. Anybody any ideas? Thanks -s.
Brogaard

Re: Canon R5 connection issues

Postby TheBrew » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:47 pm

The fix for this ..should.. be out soon :) The problem is that ShutterSnitch isn't allowed to post pairing messages on the network currently (Apple is tightening up the security).

Luckily there's a workaround: tell ShutterSnitch exactly where to look for the camera.

You do this by starting the pairing process on your camera, and when it asks you to "Start the app/software on the smartphone", go into the Settings in ShutterSnitch, scroll down to the PTP/IP settings section and in the Host field, put in the IP address you see on the camera screen. Then Close the settings sheet and enter a collection. The camera should now discover ShutterSnitch.

Since the IP address rarely changes, it'll probably be a while before you'll need to re-do the whole pairing dance again (unless you switch between transferring over a router and via the built-in camera wi-fi). When I get this fixed, I'll post back here and let you know.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Re: Canon R5 connection issues

Postby Brogaard » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:16 pm

TAK!!! Det virker fint nu :). Så mangler jeg bare at finde ud af hvorfor min iPad ikke reagerer når jeg trykker på skærmen, Men det er nok et andet forum, jeg skal spørge i ;).

Thanks! That did it :) Is there a way to copy the photos into a collection I preferable Lightroom Obile OR a collection in Camaera Roll?
Brogaard

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi