How to connect Canon EOS R5

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

Re: How to connect Canon EOS R5

Postby Plini » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:38 pm

Reinstalled on old ipad and now its working there as well (I prefer to give my clients the ipad rather than my phone ;-)))
Plini

Postby wyrwa » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:51 am

Hi,

same at my workflow. The subscription soveld the problem So easy. A good software, worth to pay for...
wyrwa

Postby Plini » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:58 pm

After having now been running this at some events some experience>

- connection is working easy and automatic transfer as well

but still a little problem which might as well be part of the camera - automatic transfer is very very slow

The transfer shows IMG_xxxxx.CR3 which would be the RAW image which then changes to JPG when transferred.
I have set camera to transfer JPG only and have set it to reduced size but that doesn't seem to bother the system.

From a timing point it is clear that with the automatic tranfer after each shot the RAW or a huge JPG is tranferred and not the small reduced JPG.
(Any change in the image size of the JPGs does not change the transfer times)

Because if I actively transfer the images (not automatic but by import images) it is about ten times faster.

Any idea if I am doing something wrong. It is just truning into a problem for people watching if I shoot a burst of 20 images then it takes about 5 mins to transfer them...
Plini

Postby TheBrew » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:23 am

ShutterSnitch doesn’t know about camera specific preferences, so it just requests the new files that are written to the card.

If you don’t want to receive raw files, make sure “Accept JPEGs only” is turned on in the ShutterSnitch settings.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Plini » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:25 am

You have been my hero already for quite a while. Your hint was spot on! now transfer times are fast.

This is the best value for money software I know! I will definite recommend it to my collegues!

Keep the good work!!!
Plini

Postby TheBrew » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:36 am

Thank you - that means a lot! :)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby DaveCornish » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:28 pm

Is there a step by step guide for setting up a WFT-R10 to wirelessly transfer ftp using a router?
DaveCornish

Postby DaveCornish » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:07 pm

Hi Nick or anyone else out there with the knowledge! I’m really hoping you can help me. I’m a sports photographer and this year I’ve changed my workflow completely. I’m using the Canon R5 with an iPad running shuttersnitch. I’ve got my own router and have just purchased the Canon WFT-R10 grip so that I can get the quickest possible live transfer from camera to shuttersnitch. But so far I’ve failed to get a connection. I’m very much a novice on the tech side and I’m probably doing something obviously wrong, I’ve followed your post but I’m still getting something wrong. Did you post a more complete step by step on the forum somewhere?
I’m currently getting a WFT Error Err 41 message on the camera ‘cannot connect to FTP server’
Thanks
Dave
DaveCornish

Postby NickC » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:36 pm

Hi Dave, sorry i just saw this. Yes, the beginning of this thread has a very complete walkthrough of how to set up SS via FTP with the R5. Do you need something specific after reading it?
NickC

Previous

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi