Connection EOS 6D MARK II

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

Re: Connection EOS 6D MARK II

Postby Jacy » Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:23 pm

Hi and thanks for your replay.
Sorry for the late answer. I got a huge Log file and made a Word Doc. Its added as attachment.
I wish you a good time.

Juergen
Attachments
Shuttersnitch Log.docx
(24.19 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Jacy

Postby TheBrew » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:43 pm

Does it also fail if you have an active subscription?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Jacy » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:21 pm

No active subscription.
I bought the software before it changed to a subscription based model and I m afraid with the functions provided.

The Problem is only present if I use a direct connection from camera to iPad. If I use a mobile router as a bridge between camera and iPad and I use the profile "remote control (EOS utility)" it works fine.
Jacy

Postby TheBrew » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:51 pm

There's a (tiny) chance it'll work with an active subscription - if Canon's 1.1.1 firmware changes the protocol to the one I later added support for for EOS R cameras.

If you don't want to subscribe, maybe it'll work with a direct connection if you go into the ShutterSnitch settings and put in 192.168.1.2 as the Host field in the PTP/IP section. (Just note that you'll have to go blank that field out again if you want to connect using a router.)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Jacy » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:29 pm

The option with the fixed host IP adress will also not work. Shuttersnitch reports the established connection. But camera stays still in "Waitung for connection" -> "Start Canon app/Software at smartphone".
Jacy

Postby TheBrew » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:16 pm

Alright. Go back and make sure the Host field is blank then - it's best if it's blank when using a Canon camera.

Going back to something I missed earlier: You said it works with "Remote control (EOS utility)". You should not be picking that option when you go through the camera setup. You should pick "Connect to smartphone". Try watching my video and see if I do something different from you when you set it up.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Jacy » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:09 pm

For the direct connection I use the "Connect to Smartphone" option.
There is no need for further troubleshooting. With the mobile router as a bridge it works fine.
Thanks for your fast replies.
CU Juergen
Jacy

Previous

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi