use shutter snitch to canon RP

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

use shutter snitch to canon RP

Postby dariosartori » Mon May 02, 2022 5:28 pm

HI EVERYBODY,
USULALLY I USE WITH MY CANON R5 THE FTP PROCEDURE TO CONNECT TO IPAD THE CAMERA AND IT WORKS GREAT. BUT

I FOUND IN YOU TUBE THIS INTERESTING VIDEO OF A GUY THAT IS ABLE TO CONNECT WIFI THE CANON 5D4 TO IPAD+SSNITCH , WITHOUT USING THE USUAL "FTP SERVER" CONNECTION, BUT USING THE "SMARTPHONE" CONNECTION , THAT IS ONLY INTENDED TO CONNECT THE CAMERA TO THE APP CANON,THAT SUCKS, AND NOT THE APP SSNICTH, THIS IS THE LINK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exDmvGnT2QY&t=465s
WELL IT'S STRANGE, AND IT SEEMS THAT WORKS.
I TRIED THIS WITH MY CANON RP , USING THE SAME "SMARTPHONE" PROCEDURE, USING THE INTERNAL WIFI OF THE CANON RP, AND AFTER CONNENCTED AT THAT WIFI SNITCH RECOGNIZE THE RP ALL IS OK, BUT WHEN I SHOT THE PICS DONT ARRIVE AT THE IPAD .
PLEASE PLEASE, THERS' A SOLUTION , I MESS SOMETHING? OR THE GUY IF SELLING SMOKE?
dariosartori

Re: use shutter snitch to canon RP

Postby TheBrew » Mon May 02, 2022 5:55 pm

That's such a well made video. I'm so humbled. No smoke there. :)

I don't have a Canon RP, so I haven't been able to see what features it offers - or if it works with ShutterSnitch. The camera features are often tied to the price, so for some you can't receive photos as they're taken, but you can only browse and download (Filmstrip mode -> Tool button -> Import images -> Camera name, or Grid mode -> Tap the green status dot -> Import sources -> Camera name).

One thing to look out for: if you're only taking RAW photos with the camera, and ShutterSnitch is set up to only receive JPEGs, naturally nothing will come through. (ShutterSnitch settings -> Accept JPEGs only)

Also, some newer Canon cameras only work with ShutterSnitch if you're a subscriber, so if you bought it before it went subscription based - and you're not subscribing - that could be the reason nothing happens.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby dariosartori » Mon May 09, 2022 12:05 pm

It wooooorksss it woooorks, just after Made the subscriptions, Canon rp can send Pics to ssnitch. Greeeeeeeaaaaatttttt. You are my saver. Thanks thanks.
dariosartori

Postby TheBrew » Mon May 09, 2022 12:55 pm

:) Nice - enjoy!
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi