Canon EOS 6d

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

Re: Canon EOS 6d

Postby TheBrew » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:46 pm

Aaaaww FRACK. DO NOT update! ...looks like I have to try my luck with an expedited review for version 2.7.1. Version 2.7 will crash the minute it receives files.....
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby ramarante » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:33 pm

Too late!! I just updated and that is exactly what is happening. I have a photo shoot on Sunday any chance you can send me a fix before then??? Help!!!

Much appreciated!!!
ramarante

Postby TheBrew » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:38 pm

I got a mail that it's in review now, so I have my fingers crossed that it'll be approved before Sunday. If not, I'll get back to you.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby ramarante » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:55 pm

Great thank you again!!!!
ramarante

Postby TheBrew » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:05 am

Beautiful - approved!

It may take a little while before it's up on all stores, but you'll definitely have it before Sunday. :)
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby ramarante » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:04 am

Just got it!! Works perfectly and fast too !! Amazing! Love it!

Thank you so much for fixing it so quickly.

I have never bothered to rate an app but I will be sure to give ShutterSnitch an awesome review!

Cheers!
ramarante

Postby TheBrew » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:58 am

Thank the App Review team for the blazing fast approval and the beta tester who contacted me early on to tell me about the issue. :)

And thank you for your positive attitude!
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby iPhoneast » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:12 pm

2.7.1 works like a charm on my 6D, also in ad-hoc mode.

Thank you TheBrew.
iPhoneast

Postby Ajbarickman » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:40 pm

Hello. I am anxious to try out Shuttersnitch with my 6D and my iPad but am unclear on how to achieve this.

I enabled the wifi connection on my camera
Connected with my ipad
Enabled PTP/IP
Set the Host value to the IP address that the camera broadcasts
Disabled Eye-Fi transfers
--
When I create a new album it shows an IP address different from the one for my camera along the top of the screen. It says something like "IP x.x.x.x Port 26000". I cannot import pictures nor does it appear to be connecting to the camera. I assume I have something misconfigured. Any help would be appreciated.

Another quick question. Does Shuttersnitch actually download the full image or just preview on the ipad? I don't have much space on my iPad and would like to just preview on it and then clean up the files, if any when the shoot it over. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Andrew
Ajbarickman

Postby TheBrew » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:56 pm

The IP you see when you enter a collection is the IP of the iPad, not the PTP/IP host (=your camera) - so that's perfectly fine. Just ignore that.

The photos that are downloaded from the camera are the original JPEGs, not previews. So if you don't want them to be large, go into your camera settings and make sure it only saves small JPEGs. If you plan on doing some serious work later on, make that small JPEGs and a RAW file. Then go into the ShutterSnitch settings and turn on "Accept JPEGs only" - then ShutterSnitch'll just stick to downloading the small JPEGs.

When you're pairing the two, are you doing it in Camera Access Point mode or Infrastructure mode?
TheBrew
The Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi