Canon EOS 6d

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

Re: Canon EOS 6d

Postby Ajbarickman » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:09 pm

Hi Thanks. I am doing this in Camera Access Point mode.

The photos that are downloaded from the camera are the original JPEGs, not previews. So if you don't want them to be large, go into your camera settings and make sure it only saves small JPEGs. If you plan on doing some serious work later on, make that small JPEGs and a RAW file. Then go into the ShutterSnitch settings and turn on "Accept JPEGs only" - then ShutterSnitch'll just stick to downloading the small JPEGs.

If I am shooting only in RAW will it still work or do I have to shoot RAW + JPEG? Perhaps this is my problem... I do have "Accept JPEGs Only" enabled and am only shooting RAW. Would that cause the issue (not at home to try it myself right now)? I guess I assumed that it would use the JPEG preview from the camera but that might be a bad assumption.
Ajbarickman

Postby TheBrew » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:21 pm

ShutterSnitch only looks at what's saved to your SD card. So you'll have to have the camera save small JPEGs too.

If you're using the Camera Access Point guide, you should enter the collection and then join the camera network from the settings. That's the best way to pair the two. (The camera can be a little picky about re-connecting if it's done by entering the collection after it's joined the network ..you can read more about that in the Infrastructure guide).
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Ajbarickman » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:50 am

Still no love. I tried using infrastructure mode as well and I still get nothing. I enabled raw + jpeg so I know the camera has a jpeg to use. I can go into the Eos remote app and make a connection to the camera so I know the wifi networking part is working.

Any other suggestions? You mentioned a infrstructure guide but I could not locate it. FYI I have never used the app before so it's highly possible that I am not doing something right.
Ajbarickman

Postby Ajbarickman » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:03 am

I think I got it. I have to use the eos utility setting on the camera to connect right? I had been using the connect to smartphone icon when setting up the wifi network.

I am confused though. On page one of this thread someone suggested setting up via connect to smartphone. Should this work?
Ajbarickman

Postby TheBrew » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:34 am

No, you should just use the Smartphone option on the camera when connecting.

Just in case something's gone screwy, in ShutterSnitch, go back to the collection overview. Then follow the guide.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby DarekJ » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:46 pm

Hello,

I have just bought the application for the iPad, theoritecally allowing to connect wirelessly iPad to the camera, to view shooting images. Unfortunately, I cannot connect the iPad to the camera. I have no problems like that using the canon camera connect app, so definitely, it is not anything wrong with devices. Can you help me with that? Possibility of pairing iPad and canon 6d - what I want to pair - is assured in the description of the app, that is why I decided to buy it.

Sincerely,
Darek

P.S. I wanted to send it via PM, unfortunately, the possibility of receiving PMS has been turned off.
DarekJ

Postby TheBrew » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:53 pm

Correct, PMs are off. What guide are you using and how far do you get in it?

If you're having issues connecting, it can be useful to turn on the Traffic Inspector (ShutterSnitch settings, all the way at the bottom). If the output from the inspector doesn't give you any hints, please copy it and paste it in a post here. Perhaps I can spot something.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby DarekJ » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:24 pm

After 'step by step' instruction, I got the connection. I think, that would be great if that was put directly in the manual of the app.
DarekJ

Postby TheBrew » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:29 pm

Good to hear. Thanks for the feedback!
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby CalebRS3 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:32 pm

I've used ShutterSnitch since 2014. It really is awesome.

I use it for two photo booths, so two Canon 6D cameras and on two iPads, an original iPad and iPad 4. Both have been set up using the connection instructions and work incredibly well. However connecting them for the first time each session can be temperamental;

The Wi-Fi connects straight away, when I open ShutterSnitch it shows the camera is connected (every time) but often a few seconds later (by the time I've taken the first image) the Wi-Fi connection disappears and the image doesn't load, or the second image fails.

When this occurs I exit the folder and re-enter and try, if that doesn't work I restart SS, or the camera, or the iPad or sometimes all three. Often I have to restart all three.

For clarity, both the camera and iPad are both switched on together at the start (so restarting the devices should make an issue), both sets and combinations of 6Ds & iPads show this issue. As a rough guide the success rate to getting it working I'd say i's split as follows;

Connects first time: 10%
Exit SS and re-enter: 10%
Close SS and open again: 10%
All devices needing restart: 70%

I normally only restart the camera for the 'All devices needing restart' as the Wi-Fi as timed out by that time.

Any ideas? I've always hoped that either Apple IOS or SS App updates would resolve it but it's never changed the success rate.

Am I a freak or any idea please?

All the best,

Caleb
CalebRS3

PreviousNext

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi