Canon EOS 6d

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

Re: Canon EOS 6d

Postby TheBrew » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:53 pm

I'm sure you're not a freak (not that there's anything wrong with that :) But my connections are very reliable. Of course, signal strength / noise depends on your specific location/circumstances, but I haven't received a worrying amount of feedback about this kind of connection issues.

The first thing I'd try when troubleshooting, would be to connect the iOS device and camera to a wireless network and see how that affects stability. iOS has always been very sensitive when it comes to these 'ad-hoc' connections.

Usually, going with a regular wi-fi network makes things a lot more solid. If that solves it for you, but you need to take things on the road, you could get a mobile router (no SIM needed) and use that as the bridge between your devices.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Re: Canon EOS 6d

Postby CalebRS3 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:52 pm

Oh, there's a bridging option? If so I'll definitely give that a try!

I guess I can just do a search? I'll probably leave it to try after 15th as I have a two-week gap in case I get problems until my next booth :)

Thanks for the quick reply :)

TheBrew wrote:I'm sure you're not a freak (not that there's anything wrong with that ;) But my connections are very reliable. Of course, signal strength / noise depends on your specific location/circumstances, but I haven't received a worrying amount of feedback about this kind of connection issues.

The first thing I'd try when troubleshooting, would be to connect the iOS device and camera to a wireless network and see how that affects stability. iOS has always been very sensitive when it comes to these 'ad-hoc' connections.

Usually, going with a regular wi-fi network makes things a lot more solid. If that solves it for you, but you need to take things on the road, you could get a mobile router (no SIM needed) and use that as the bridge between your devices.
CalebRS3

Previous

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi