Canon 5D4 and iPad

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

Re: Canon 5D4 and iPad

Postby fatdad » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:36 pm

Great! Hope you'll get one soon.... ;o))
fatdad

Postby Dietrich 5D4 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:35 pm

Hello "fatdad",
I have exactly the same problem.
Receiving my brandnew 5D Mark IV yesterday, happy to let the old eye-fi card out and use the inbuild WiFi to transfer photos into shuttersnitch.

But it did not work.
Let's wait for an update.

Regards from Frankfurt am Main :-)
Dietrich
Dietrich 5D4

Postby fatdad » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:01 am

Geteiltes Leid ist halbes Leid... ;o)
fatdad

Postby jmh77 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:51 pm

Hello,

I have Shuttersnitch working with my 5d iv using my Ipad air. I followed the instructions for the 6d. In the past with my 5d3 I would save a cr2 file to the cf card and a low res jpeg to the sd card for transfer. My issue is that when I rate the file on the sd card the camera sends both the full res cr2 and the low res jpeg. is there any way to only have the camera send the low res file? I don't want to load up my ipad with all the cr2s if I don't have to.

Thanks,

Jason
jmh77

Postby TheBrew » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:31 pm

Interesting. Do you connect directly to the camera or via a local wi-fi network?

Fatdad / Dietrich: I wonder if the issue is related to the two card slots. Have you tried connecting with cards in both of the slots?

Jason, it sounds like the camera updates the raw file too when you rate since it triggers an object-modified event. Do you need the raws to be transferred at all? If not, you could turn on the "Accept JPEGs only" option in the ShutterSnitch settings.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby jmh77 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:58 pm

I am connected directly to the camera.

I didn't see that option in the setting. I'll look for it and give it a try later today.

Thanks,

Jason
jmh77

Postby jmh77 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:36 am

Hello,

Just re did connection process with the 5d4 to my iPad Pro. Again followed the same setup guide as the 6d. Turned on the accept Jpegs only option and everything works great. The only issue I have now is that every shot transfers over. I have the camera set to specify viewable images as rated but the camera still transfers every image. Is it posible to select which images transfer like I could with the eye fi card?

Thanks,

Jason
jmh77

Postby TheBrew » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:23 am

To be frank I was surprised that it worked the way you described in your first post (that only the rated ones came through).

With a PTP/IP connection, ShutterSnitch is notified when a new file is created and then requests a download. With the cameras I've had so far they haven't sent any "this file has now been rated" info. So I haven't had a way of knowing the state change.

I'm currently waiting for a mark IV and when I get it I'll see if they've added this capability.

But so far, no, there's no way for ShutterSnitch to only retrieve the rated ones on its own. (It would work if the camera only sends "object created" events whenever the file is rated - but it would be totally up to the camera.)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby fatdad » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:48 am

I'm working like Jason: CR2 in the CF and jpeg in SD
fatdad

Postby majeds » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:54 am

I have ShutterSnitch working semi-perfectly so far.

I enabled the "PTP/IP" and fill-in the IP Address of the camera in the "Host".

I choose "Connect to smartphone" in the camera and create a new "SET.".

Now, ShutterSnitch receives all images mRAW, sRAW and JPEG. Unfortunately, RAW files cannot be received and the Busy circle continues spinning while the camera is disconnected.

However, If I select "Transfer images to FTP Server" in the camera and create a new "SET.", I can disable the "Automatic transfer" and enable "Transfer with SET" to selectively transfer images that I want.

With "FTP Transfer", I can transfer all image formats including RAW; unlike the PTP/IP.

ShutterSnitch is promising and I hope there is a way to edit the photo by an external app from within ShutterSnitch.
majeds

PreviousNext

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi