Canon 5D4 and iPad

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

Re: Canon 5D4 and iPad

Postby TheBrew » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:17 am

Thanks for the info majeds. This thread is turning into a todo-list for when I receive my Mark IV. :)

If you tap and hold a photo in the film strip, you can then tap "Open in..." and if your editing app supports importing photos (such as Pixelmator or Photogene) you can pick that in the top row of icons.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby fatdad » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:46 pm

Oh yes, thank you majeds! Your post gave me the right impulse for my solution.... now it works on my 5D4 too!

I wrote in an earlier post the fact that may 5D4 generated different SSIDs in the camera. I don't know when this happened during playing with the cam (...) but I had two functioning Wifi settings. The first one with ...753... in the SSID-name and the other with ....520... When I started Wifi at the 5D4 the iPadmini showed me the ...753... and I could pair cam and pad. And it worked well with the Canon software. The iPad never showed me the ...520...SSID..

After majeds post I did exactly that and found the ...520... SSID in my SET1. Believe me, in an earlier check there was the ...753...but I tried so many settings in the past so that I no longer know when the error occurred.

In the ShutterSnitch settings I enabled PTP/IP only with 192.168.1.2 for Host , have disconnected , chose "connect to smartphone", choose the ...520...SSID and - boom!!

"Connected to Canon EOS 5D Mark IV" :o))))

And today I received the BG-E20 Battery Grip - the Wifi needs a lot of power...

Thanks to all!
fatdad

Postby TheBrew » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:07 pm

Good to hear!
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby majeds » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:47 am

I'm glad to hear my post was helping. This is a great App and I would always recommend it to any photographer. Keep the good work.
majeds

Postby TheBrew » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:29 pm

Alright. Update time.

The next version of ShutterSnitch (3.7) will fix the downloads of the largest size CR2 files ..but.. iOS doesn't support reading these files. So they can't be displayed natively yet.

I've also added support for only receiving protected files. So when you're connected to ShutterSnitch and click the "Rate" button to protect it, it'll be transferred.

(Change the Rate-button function under the 3rd wrench tab to Protect.)
Attachments
5dmk4_protect.jpg
5dmk4_protect.jpg (25.92 KiB) Viewed 4314 times
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Gudi » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:39 am

Got my 5D Mark IV up'n'running with ShutterSnitch.
Could you add the feature so also rated images would be transferred?

It would save a lot of time, rather having to unprotect and rerate at home.

Thank you for this fantastic app, been using it for years.
Gudi

Postby TheBrew » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:06 pm

Gudi wrote:Could you add the feature so also rated images would be transferred?

I tried.. :) But sadly the rating doesn't show up in the camera metadata for the files - only the protected status. So we're out of luck there.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Gudi » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:48 am

To bad, would have been awesome. Thought ratings was embedded into the meta as well.

I've noticed only protected images are being transferred, when you are connected to the Mark 4.
With my Mark 3, every protected image would start to transfer when I connected afterwards. Can this also be achieved on the Mark 4?
Gudi

Postby TheBrew » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:26 pm

The rating is added to the file metadata, but not the camera metadata for the file.

Feature noted (but don't hold your breath).
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby jackzucker » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:55 am

what's the status of this? A year later and 5d still cannot connect?
jackzucker

PreviousNext

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi