7Dii and the w-e1 card help

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

7Dii and the w-e1 card help

Postby sdowden » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:24 am

Hey guys

Need help.

I have got a 7Dii and just got the W-E1 card.

I can get it to work with the canon app on the phone, but te LED screw and camera becomes useless. I have to control the camera through the app.
I’ve set up ShutterSnitch using the guide here for the 60D/5D and it works to a point.

The issue I’m still getting is the screen goes blank and the camera becomes useless.
Can’t browse photos, can’t take photos.

Is there a trick that gets it working?

What I bought it for and what it can do (so far inc. the app) seem like a waste of my money.

Thanks guys
sdowden

Re: 7Dii and the w-e1 card help

Postby TheBrew » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:45 am

I'd be very surprised if ShutterSnitch worked with the W-E1, since most new technology works differently from the old - and I've never had my hands on one.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to look at this card at some point. But for now, I'd say get a refund from Apple. When you get the receipt mail for ShutterSnitch, tap the "Report a problem" link to ask for your money back.

Sidenote: ShutterSnitch is made for receiving photos, not controlling the camera, so if that's important to you, then I'm sorry, this is not the app you're looking for.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby jayce103 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:01 pm

From what I have researched on the W E1 card it is basically a remote screen. It takes the function away from the camera, and also does not allow the images to be stored on the wifi SD card (so you need a compact flash card for saving images too).

I expect you want to send the photos from the camera to an IOS device, while still being able to use the camera as normal? I have a Canon 70d (I think the 2000d and 4000d also allow) on it's way for testing out its built in wifi functions as someone said it can be connected to an infrastructure network. I am trying to work out if the Ey-Fi mobi and mobi pro are still available and supported (at least in the UK) and also the Toshiba FlashAir cards.

Once I have some news I will repost here (unless Brian can add his knowledge)

Jayce
jayce103

Postby sdowden » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:39 pm

Thanks guys

100% want to use it for importing photos.

I’ve seen it in action and love the app.

I can’t find any eye-fi cards in Australia and this seemed like the better options.

I can get it to import to the computer via the canon app, but want it for locked photos that I can have go straight to Dropbox for one of my clients.
sdowden

Postby jayce103 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:15 pm

sdowden wrote:Thanks guys

100% want to use it for importing photos.

I’ve seen it in action and love the app.

I can’t find any eye-fi cards in Australia and this seemed like the better options.

I can get it to import to the computer via the canon app, but want it for locked photos that I can have go straight to Dropbox for one of my clients.

Seems like Ey-Fi cards have gone to the wall bud! Same issue in the UK. Can't find them and they seem to have been sold to Ricoh, who nicked their cloud system and called it Keenai...

I have put a thread up to see if the Toshiba card will do the same operation as the Eye-fi in terms of connecting to an existing network. I too use SS to import and then auto send to dropbox. I am sure it use to be able to send to FB page too.

My other option is to find a Canon camera (as these seem to be the only ones to connect the way I want it too (un-proven till I try it next week), which is a bummer as I will be changing to Sony this year
jayce103

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi