Connection EOS 6D MARK II

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

Connection EOS 6D MARK II

Postby redaliax » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:04 am

Hello,

I'm still considering which camera I should buy. I tend to EOS 6D but I wanted to know if Shuttersnitch also works with the EOS 6D MARK II. Does anyone know that? Thanks so far!
redaliax

Re: Connection EOS 6D MARK II

Postby TheBrew » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:13 am

I haven’t tried it but my guess would be yes. (And if it doesn’t work, I’ll have to get my hands on one and make it!)

Can anyone else confirm?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby joshhawkins » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:28 pm

I haven't gotten it to work yet. We get the camera to connect, but if we open shuttersnitch it drops the wifi. One of my people is telling me that it's when we press the shutterbutton on the camera. Having said that, the 6DmkII is a great camera and I'm sure this is a fixable issue or us screwing up some setting or another.
joshhawkins

Postby TheBrew » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:02 pm

Oh! Dang..

Sadly, back in August I couldn't imagine the situation I'm in now - I barely have money for food.

I will eventually add support for the 6D MK2, but it takes money I don't have. Sorry. Here's hoping my situation will improve over the coming 2-6 months.

I'll be sure to post back when it's added.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby joshhawkins » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:42 pm

I hope the switch to monthly payments helps you out. When I brought shuttersnitch into my office a few months back I was happy to see that. I love the personal copy I've had for many years, but you haven't made diddly squat off of me for years. Now you'll make a few bucks off us every month. Your product is well worth that, and ultimately, monthly payments is a much more sustainable business model, and programmers need that.
joshhawkins

Postby TheBrew » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:28 pm

The subscription switch is actually the reason - because I don't sell that many copies a day.

Since I switched I've been making less than what I need for food and rent, but luckily I have some savings I can drain for a bit. If the accumulation stays steady, I should be back to what I made before switching to subscriptions in about 4-6 months (and I switched because I was rapidly approaching minimum wage..).
But--talk about delayed gratification--hopefully in half a year my income will start going slowly up instead of down, as it did years before that.

Let's see. Time will tell. :) Thanks for your support and patience!
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:56 am

Alright, I'm going on an adventure!

I discovered the 6Dmk2 wasn't *that* expensive (somehow I was thinking 5D territory). So I moved some funds around and ordered it. I'll then have a week to make it work, return it, and hopefully have my money back before I need to pay the bills at the end of the month. Should be interesting.. :)
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:41 pm

Uhm. It works just fine here. :)

Tested in Camera Access Point and Infrastructure mode with firmware 1.0.3 and the (currently) latest 1.0.4. (All combos of JPEG, JPEG+Raw, JPEGs only off/on, Download New+Protected, Protected, New.)

So I'm thinking that your issues may be due to outside conflicts or a "crowded" ShutterSnitch setup.

Outside conflicts: apps on the same device/network that also wants to talk to the camera, such as the Canon apps.

Crowded settings: Too many other services turned on in the ShutterSnitch settings. Canon Camera Window for example *shouldn't* be turned on - that's for non-EOS devices. Other camera brands have their specific pairing process and can cause conflicts, so if any of those are turned on, try turning them off.

And in case anyone's new to ShutterSnitch: Entering a collection turns the services on, exiting turns them off. So make sure you're inside a collection when pairing, and only exit if you want to sever the connection.
Attachments

6DMk2.mp4 [ 21.06 MiB | Viewed 1091 times ]

TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi