Two 1D X Mark II at the same time?

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

Two 1D X Mark II at the same time?

Postby vips » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:32 pm

Currently, I use a WFT-E6 adapter to transmit photos from my 1D X Mark II directly (ad-hoc) to Shuttersnitch and it works fine. Would it be possible, to connect another 1D X Mark II with a second WFT adapter at the same time to my iOS device or is there a limitation for only one connection/camera?
vips

Re: Two 1D X Mark II at the same time?

Postby TheBrew » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:50 pm

There are no limitations for FTP transfers, so yes.

You'll just have to set up the WFTs to infrastructure mode instead of ad-hoc.

Remember to change the FTP server they should transfer to, to the IP address your iOS device has on that network (you see it at the top of the screen when you enter a collection).
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby vips » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:24 pm

TheBrew, thank you for your quick response. After your answer, I bought a second Canon WFT transmitter for camera #2 and now, I struggle with the connection between these two cameras to one iPhone/ShutterSnitch. I guess, the setup should be easy with a mobile router, but is the workflow also possible with only two cameras and one iPhone, without an extra device (mobile router)?
vips

Postby TheBrew » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:35 pm

You'll need a wi-fi network for them all to connect via.

If your iOS device is a cellular one, and your provider allows creating a Personal Hotspot you can turn that on and have the WFTs connect to that. If your provider allows it, you'll see the Personal Hotspot at the top of the Settings app, a few rows below the Wi-Fi row. A green icon.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby vips » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:14 pm

Okay, it works, thank you.

I share some of my experiences in this post. Maybe it's helpful for one of you someday. I had the problem, that I couldn't find/see the personal hotspot of my iPhone in the camera during the WFT installation. Solution (and important): Stay on the "personal hotspot" screen of the iPhone (or cellular iPad) until your iOS device appears as a Wi-Fi hotspot.
https://support.apple.com/library/conte ... nabled.jpg

Camera setting:
IP address set: 172.20.10.2 (camera 1), 172.20.10.3 (camera 2)
Subnetmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 172.20.10.1 (you will see the IP address of your iOS device at the top of the screen of ShutterSnitch when you enter a collection)
DNS server: Disable
IP security: Disable
Connection method: Infrastructure
SSID: (name of your iPhone)
Authentication: WPA/WPA2-PSK
FTP address: 172.20.10.1 (you will see the IP address of your iOS device at the top of the screen of ShutterSnitch when you enter a collection)

Start order (after the installation):
1. Start ShutterSnitch and open a collection
2. Open the screen "Personal Hotspot" on your cellular iOS device AND STAY ON THIS SCREEN
3. Start the camera and choose the connection set
4. Switch back to the ShutterSnitch app after a successful Wi-Fi connection between camera and iPhone

Keywords: EOS 1D X Mark II, WFT-E6, WFT-E8, wireless transmitter, FTP
vips

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi