Canon eos R

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

Re: Canon eos R

Postby NickC » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:58 pm

Ok, i think i did everything correctly. I named each file according to what was recorded. Please let me know if i screwed up, or if i can do anything else.
Last edited by TheBrew on Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Got the files, thanks, removed for privacy.
NickC

Postby TheBrew » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:06 pm

Wow, that was fast!

The files look about right, but it'll take me some time to go through them. I'll be back when I know more. Thanks so far!
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby NickC » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:09 pm

Thank you sir!
NickC

Postby TheBrew » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:38 pm

Would you be up for installing a test-version of ShutterSnitch that can log some more detailed information on why it doesn't trigger the automatic downloads?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby NickC » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:42 pm

Absolutely. I have several iPads. One can be a test mule.
NickC

Postby NickC » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:44 pm

Also to be clear. I can get the auto downloads if I connect with the eos utility method on the camera. It’s just the “ connect to smartphone” method that doesn’t work. Which would be nice since I can then manually send photos over if the connection drops, or if I forgot to turn
It on for the first few shots.
NickC

Postby imacri » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:41 am

TheBrew wrote:Would you be up for installing a test-version of ShutterSnitch that can log some more detailed information on why it doesn't trigger the automatic downloads?

I'm in for that too, if you still need it.
imacri

Postby TheBrew » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:27 pm

Just a quick follow-up: Thanks to NickC, EOS R support will be coming in the next version (4.3.6).

Unless something goes terribly wrong, I'll be submitting it for review in the coming week. In the past that'd mean you'd see it a day after that, but App Review has been worse than hell lately (I sincerely considered just quitting it all during the last seemingly endless loop of vague pedantic bot-like rejections). So the release will depend mostly on how many rejection-loops I have to go through. And if I survive this one.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby imacri » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:13 pm

Very happy to hear that!
I really appreciate your app, I work with it every time I have a shooting, now even my clients know how to use it.
I got my EOS R 2 days before my EOS 1ds mark 3 decided to quit, after 10 year of use, many of them in tandem with shutter snitch and the WFT.
So you can understand my eagerness to see it at work.
imacri

Postby TheBrew » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:47 am

Thank you!

It was a quick review this time - 4.3.6 is approved and you should see the update in the App Store very soon.

Note that selecting-and-sending photos from the camera is not supported. Instead, pick 'Download -> New & Protected files' in the ShutterSnitch settings (PTP/IP section). You can then just toggle the protection status of files to transfer them.
TheBrew
The Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi