Major issues with 1dxMK3

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

Major issues with 1dxMK3

Postby Shanebevel » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:01 pm

Hi there, I have just bought the 1dxmk3. Been using Shuttersnitch for years now and never an issue with 1dx/1dc/5dmk2. But the 1dx3 keeps returning Err46 and dropping the connection. The error is resolved to the FTP server terminating the connection. This happens both with the WFT and the internal Wifi. But with AdHoc and Infrastructure. Other FTP servers have no such problem.

Is this a known bug? Any ideas? Canon Pro Services is working on this as well from their end. But it seems isolated to Shuttersnitch.

I am running it on an iPad.

Thanks!
Shane
Shanebevel

Re: Major issues with 1dxMK3

Postby Shanebevel » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:05 pm

Here are the settings we are using.

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 3.03.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 3.03.40 PM.png (84.19 KiB) Viewed 336 times
Shanebevel

Postby TheBrew » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:09 pm

I have a feeling setting FTP mode -> ‘Overwrite Same File’ to Enabled will fix it.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Shanebevel » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:41 am

TheBrew... this appears to be the fix at first blush. Any idea why? I have been working with CPS on the issue and would love to report back more details to them so they know.

Shane
Shanebevel

Postby TheBrew » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:16 am

I don't have a 1DxMk3 so I haven't been able to look into it, but I ran into similar issues many years ago. I've forgotten with which camera - but it was FTP too.
It seems they're trying to be clever in figuring out if the files exists ..and somehow fails. When I was testing it back in the day, I couldn't find what was wrong on my side - I just told the camera back whether the file it was interested in existed or not and yet it went loopy loop. In the end I just ended up telling users to make sure overwrite is on - which means the camera doesn't have extra steps to perform anyway.

If you're determined to go deeper, you can turn on Traffic Inspector (at the bottom of the ShutterSnitch settings). That logs all the FTP commands back and forth, maybe that'll be enough info for CPS?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi