Setting up your connection

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

Re: Setting up your connection

Postby TheBrew » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:06 pm

But in the log you pasted it says 192.168.1.5..!

If it's in fact 192.168.2.6 and your WFT is trying to send to 192.168.1.5, there's your problem. It should not be 192.168.2.6.

What values do you see when you tap the blue arrow to the right of the Wft-canon network in the iPhone Wi-Fi settings?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby mickmak » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:08 pm

It sees the connection in shuttersnitch when I open in collections. Maybe it gives 192.168.2.6. because I reinstalled it.
mickmak

Postby TheBrew » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:18 pm

mickmak wrote:It sees the connection in shuttersnitch when I open in collections.

By this, you mean that it says "IP: 192.168.1.5 * Port 26000" at the top of the screen when you enter a collection, right?

mickmak wrote:Maybe it gives 192.168.2.6. because I reinstalled it.

Where do you see this IP? Would it by any chance be when you're not connected to the Wft-canon network?

I'm guessing that your home wi-fi is 192.168.2.* and if you enter a collection before connecting to the Wft-canon network, you see your home wi-fi IP up there. If you enter the collection after connecting to the Wft-canon network you'll see 192.168.1.5.

Since your camera doesn't give you an error message, I'd look into that - does it try to send anything at all? Maybe check the status messages for the transfers on the camera.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby mickmak » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:31 pm

I will take look at my camera. I know it sending because when I want to delete it it says transfer but I don't know where to. The other address is indeed my IP. It's frustrating because the same settings works with the iPad. I will try the iPhone of my wife.
mickmak

Postby TheBrew » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:40 pm

Very strange indeed. I wonder if the ad-hoc network somehow trips over itself if it thinks it's the same hardware it's sending to since it's the same IP but the physical (MAC) address is different.

Maybe it will help if you create a completely new settings SET on your camera - with the exact same settings as the ones that works. Then it should start from a fresh.

Another way to test it could be to simply change the 192.168.1.5 FTP server IP to 192.168.1.6 in your WFT settings and then also change the static IP from 192.168.1.5 to 192.168.1.6 in the Wi-Fi settings for the Wft-canon network on your iPhone.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby mickmak » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:53 pm

I have to set my settings again, because my iPad isn't working any more with the settings. It says with my iPhone ( and also my wife's) no network connection and the iPad. So will try it from a fresh start. I'll keep you posted.
mickmak

Postby mickmak » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:49 am

Hi, I got my iPad working again with shuttersnitch, my wife's phone 5 working with shuttersnitch ( had to set it on flight mode first, to get it working). The iPod ( 5th gen) and my iPhone 4 not. I'm gonna try my mother's iPhone. She has an iPhone 4 also, if that works then it has to be a problem with my phone. I can't think of something else. All the settings are the same. Do you have any ideas left?
mickmak

Postby TheBrew » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:07 am

Ad-hoc mode has always been hit-or-miss for me. Working in one iOS version, not or unstable in the next.

At one point I was testing this and came to the conclusion that it must have been the driver for the specific wi-fi chipset. Only fixable by a new iOS update. I haven't heard more from the people who had the issues, but that could be because I said the only solution was to buy a portable router and use Infrastructure mode instead.

Back then it was only iPads that had that issue though..

I assume that you have no problem connecting to the Internet via Wi-Fi on the iPhone?

Have you tried turning off your iPhone completely (click and hold the power button) and restarting it?

When I have ad-hoc network issues, I always go into the Settings app -> Wi-Fi and tap the blue arrow to the right of the wonky network and then tap "Forget this network". Then I rejoin it and set up the static IP, subnet mask, and router again. In case the system is stuck with some bad info.

Also, I've heard from people who have things working, but don't fill out the router field (192.168.1.1). We're desperate, so give that a try and let that be blank..
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby mickmak » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:22 am

I've got it working !! I tried the phone o my mother and it worked. So I reinstalled shuttersnitch on my iPhone and finally it works. So thanks for your support so finally I can use the app to its fullest. It took a while but with enough patient I really can try all the settings.
mickmak

Postby TheBrew » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:29 am

Good to hear. :)

**Topic closed, if you have a setup issue, start a new topic.**
TheBrew
The Developer

Previous

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi