Setting up your connection

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

Re: Setting up your connection

Postby jklier » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:44 am

Awesome. Had been fighting this problem for 2 days. Just saw this post and downloaded the Jul 8th version. Works like a charm now w/ WFT E2A and 1MK3
jklier

Postby TheBrew » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm

jklier wrote:Awesome. Had been fighting this problem for 2 days. Just saw this post and downloaded the Jul 8th version. Works like a charm now w/ WFT E2A and 1MK3

Warms my heart :) Hope you get some great experiences out of it!
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Cris » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:47 am

Hi,

I still can't get this working on my WFT-E4 II.

It works ftp'ing to my Mac Pro through my Wifi, and I can transfer pictures from the Mac Pro to ShutterSnitch via my FTP client but I can't directly transfer from the 5D MkII to the iPad.

I've gone through all the settings, everything seems to be ok. When I try and complete the setup it gives me an unknown error ???

Any ideas of what I could try ???

Cheers

Cris.
Cris

Postby Cris » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:54 am

Scrub that, I've got it working.

It's really slow to transfer though, any tips on speeding it up ???

Cheers

Cris.
Cris

Postby TheBrew » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:28 pm

Smaller JPEGs?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Cris » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:42 pm

I have the 5D set to transmit the smallest lowest res pictures possible, it's taking anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds to transfer a pictures? Is this normal?

During this time the light on the transmitter is flashing like it is doing a transfer, normally FTP to my Mac Pro like this takes 3 seconds from the time the shutter is pressed, it takes Lightroom another second to display it. The light only normally flashes for a couple of seconds and the transfer is done.

I have noticed that when FTP'ing in from the Mac onto the iPad that I am only able to transfer one image, an error "CWD failed" is displayed when logging in. Maybe the transmitted is having to keep trying until something is reset in ShutterSnitch ???

I also notice that the JPGs that are displayed are quite low res, any way of being able to display the larger res files on the iPad so that when I zoom in it doesn't get too bad?

Cheers

Cris.
Cris

Postby TheBrew » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:45 pm

It takes seconds on my side (...testing with Transmit). How's the speed if you transfer via an FTP client? It sounds like something's funky, since you can only transfer one file... I never had that problem. "CWD failed" is not necessarily a bad thing - it just means the client tried to change to a directory that doesn't exist. Some client software just does this, to test whether the dir exists or not.

The WiFi on my iPad is not exactly snappy, but it's far from 10-30 seconds for a picture.
Edit: I just transferred 2 x 5616x3744 images and it took 10 seconds. ..but I wouldn't be using that size in real life scenarios. Half of that perhaps.

About the image quality - you have "Speed above Hi-Res" turned off in your settings, right? If it's on, the images will be resized to fit the 1024x768 resolution (or maybe a little more, depending on the available memory).
To avoid crashing, I have to resize the images. I have almost no memory to work with, so it's all about finding a performance balance.

Have you tried turning your iPad totally off and then on again, to get a fresh start?

(WFT users, give us your thoughts..)
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Cris » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:40 pm

Using the FTP client on my Mac (Secure FTP) it takes just a couple of seconds for the image to appear, which is what I would expect. But I have to disconnect and reconnect to be able to send another one.

Using the WFT I can transfer multiple images one after another but it's really really slow. The first image takes 5-10 seconds to appear and then the others after it any where between 10 and 30 seconds.

I was hoping that the images would pop up as they do in Lightroom when shooting like this, I want to use it on fashion shoots etc...

Cheers

Cris.
Cris

Postby sunnysix » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:50 am

Hi!

Im still trying to get the myWi set up on my Ipad WIFI to get it to go with the shuttersnitch and my canon 5dm2 and wfte4a. Could anyone please post a step by step as I am not that savvy with these things. Thanks!
sunnysix

Postby sunnysix » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:02 am

Hello!

I have the following setup:

Canon 5D mark II
Canon WFT E4A
and
Apple iPad 64GB Wifi
which has shuttersnitch uploaded.

Please let me know if anyone has a step by step guide to get to make this rig to work seamlessly! PLEASE!:D

My intention is to shoot from the camera and have the images come out in the iPad thru shuttersnitch.

I do not have a MyFi device, but I do have a MyWi app, dont know if that helps in any way. I was hoping it would be possible to do all this without being in a WIFI environment.

Thanks!
sunnysix

PreviousNext

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi