WFT-E4 II guide

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

WFT-E4 II guide

Postby TheBrew » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:49 pm

Check out Ian's guide at Egner Photography.

Thanks Ian :)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Re: WFT-E4 II guide

Postby superdave » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:32 am

Many thanks to Ian for setting up the guide. His setup procuedure was a little tricky to me but I did managed to get it to work.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Ian. Without his guide, I wouldn't have been able to figure out how to set it up myself. But in case you're stuck with his setup procedure, you could try mine... http://davidngiam.zenfolio.com/5d-ipad/ ... #h191249ae

It uses the same setting's as Ian's but a with a different setup procedure. Just make sure you follow it step-by-step....

Thanks again Ian for the setup advice.... Just doing my part to help the technically challenged... Not all photographers are computer techies...

Also make sure you have enough storage space in your iPad as well as it does transfer the images to your iPad storage. So in way, it's useful as a backup as well. To retrieve it, just go to iTunes / iPad / Apps tab, scroll to the bottom, select ShutterSnitch on the left box and select the Shoots folder on the right and save that folder to your computer.
superdave

Postby peterlsc » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:44 am

Many thanks to both of these settings, I manage to get it to work on my iPad and WFT-5E
peterlsc

Postby RodneyQuarcoo » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:11 am

Many thanks to David Ngiam for his foolproof walkthrough! Awesome!
Also many thanks to Cris Matthews for pointing me to this forum!

Much appreciated gents!
RodneyQuarcoo

Postby PBJL » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:18 am

I attempted to follow this guide to set up ShutterSnitch and my Canon 5D Mark II -- it did not work. Not sure what I am doing wrong. One question I have is where to fined the Ad Hoc network to select. My camera does not show it in the top menu as this instruction set has it. Instead, I have to select "Enter Connection" and then I have three Ad hoc networks to choose from -- ad hoc 11a, ad hoc 11b and ad hoc 11g. Is there a correct or wrong one to select?
PBJL

Postby TheBrew » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:00 pm

The a/b/g and n are revisions of the wireless standard. With each revision the transfer speeds get faster.

All iOS devices support the fastest one you can pick - g - so go for that. But if you're having issues, I'd try b too, just in case that could be part of the problem.

What if you try going through this guide. How far do you get before you run into trouble?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby PBJL » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Thanks. I tried that guide. My Ipad now picks up the WFT as a server but ShutterSnitch still does not import the pictures. After taking a picture, the blinking Green light on the WFT continues to blink for a short time then turns to a red blinking light. I have made sure that I am in an open collection inside ShutterSnitch and have tried to set up both the IPad and 5D Mark II WFT menu to match what the instructions say. I did notice that ShutterSnitch screed shows a different IP address than what these instructions say to use, so I changed and tried that address as well -- still no luck.
PBJL

Postby TheBrew » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:54 pm

Go into the ShutterSnitch settings and scroll to the bottom, where you'll find Traffic Inspector - turn that on and go into a collection.

Now try taking a picture again. What does the log say when it fails?
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:55 pm

Also: what is that IP you say you changed to?
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby PBJL » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:47 pm

The log says: PTP/IP: Disconnected with Error: Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomainCode=64 "Host is down" UserInfo=0x1e528c60 {NSLocalizedFailureReason=Error in connect() function, NSLocalizedDescription=Hostis down]

The IP I changed to was displayed at th top of the ShutterSnitch Folder when I originally began attempting to set this up. I do not know that exact address anymore as I have since changed to the address in the instructions you forwarded.
PBJL

Next

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi