WFT-E4 II guide

Help and ask for help on your Canon wireless file transmitter

Re: WFT-E4 II guide

Postby TheBrew » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:56 pm

Since you're setting up a WFT, you should turn off PTP/IP transfers in the ShutterSnitch settings.

Could you please paste the complete log from the Traffic Inspector? After you've made it fail to transfer, double tap the log lines, pick "Select All" and copy / paste it here.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby PBJL » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:23 pm

I turned off PTP/IP transfers in shuttersnitch. Verified the settings were correct and attempted the Ad hoc connection again. The Ipad registered the WFT-Canon as a WI Fi network and I made sure that was selected. The results were the same -- the camera disconnected from the ipad before a transfer was completed.

This is the information the traffic inspector displays:

Free memory: 142,958,592
Free disk space: 11,035,377,664
Time: Feb 10, 2013, 12:07:46 PM
ShutterSnitch version: 2.9.0
IP: 192.168.1.5
FTP port: 26000
WebDAV port: 8080
Eye-Fi: Disabled (0 cards)
PTP/IP: Disabled
Transcend Wi-Fi card transfers: Disabled
Toshiba FlashAir transfers: Disabled
12:07:46.118 Listening...

One additional note: ShutterSnitch works perfectly through my studio wireless system (on a different setting in the camera). I am hoping to have the same results for location shoots.

Thanks for your assistance.
PBJL

Postby TheBrew » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:38 pm

PBJL wrote:.. before a transfer was completed.

Does this mean that you see a transfer start in ShutterSnitch, or?

From the log you pasted, the WFT doesn't even "show up at the door", which so far means no connection, a wrongly configured FTP server address, or port in the WFT (which would be 192.168.1.5 / 26000 in your case).

Could you list the settings you have in your WFT ad-hoc profile here? Perhaps those will give me some pointers.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby TheBrew » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:28 pm

Update: I decided to try a couple of different ad-hoc settings out to see if one was better than the other.

And boy, I'd forgotten what an unstable experience this is. Can't recommend it to anyone. Buy a portable router instead and take control..

If you still want to try your luck, I've updated a couple of fields in the setup guide.

(Tip! After changing WFT network settings, it's always good to: 1. Turn off Wi-Fi completely at the top. It's the only way to give the iOS Wi-Fi a fresh start after some ad-hoc confusion. 2. Tap "Forget this network" for the ad-hoc network and then re-join it, putting in all the information again.)
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby PBJL » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:07 pm

Thanks for the information and your time. The WFT is configured with the correct information.

Guess I'll be looking for a good portable router.
PBJL

Postby PBJL » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:42 pm

So I purchased a TP-LINK Wireless TL-MT3040 Router and now I am completely lost. My IPAD sees the router but the WFT does not seem to transfer to ShutterSnitch. I pulled up a quick post from someone who thanked this forum for help in setting up the TP-Link router with his Canon WFT but was unable to find those instructions. Is it possible to get a copy of those instructions posted here? Hate to continue being a pest but really want this to work on location.
PBJL

Postby TheBrew » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:48 pm

Following this guide should do it (Where "your wireless network" is the mobile router network).
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby PBJL » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:44 pm

Thanks
PBJL

Postby dariosartori » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:41 pm

hi hi .. hi everyone.. i have to thanks a lot the administrator to write down the only real guide to set up the camera and the ipad to establish a working connections and to allow me to send my pics to ipad, both with internal wifi and the esxternal home wifi.
Only with his simple settings i was able to do it. with the tremendous for nothing understandable canon guide.. i still would be in deep sea.
But the question is:
can someone of you of maybe the magician The Brew, send me the settings to make a working connections between wfte4 and the apple macbookpro (without using the ipad)?

this guide in you tube is quite usable but i tried to repeat it with mine but the error 41 comes out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b9tSiQc-Mk&t=277s

can someone help me?

thanks a lot in advance.

D.S.
dariosartori

Previous

Return to Canon WFT / EOS 6D/70D/760D/M3/R / PowerShot wi-fi