Nikon D5 and WT-6 set up

Help and ask for help on your Nikon wireless file transmitter

Nikon D5 and WT-6 set up

Postby mtrphoto » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:36 pm

I have been trying to set up a D5 and WT-6 to connect to my iPhone 6. I have managed to get images to send occasionally but not consistently. Shutter snitch or my phone is having a hard time keeping a stable connection. I had this working flawlessly on my D4, WT-5 set up. Does anyone have any suggestions or links to a step by step guide?
mtrphoto

Re: Nikon D5 and WT-6 set up

Postby sjcarrera » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:01 am

I have found that the WT-5a is more consistent with a connection than the WT-6a. Now the Wt-6a is faster with the upload which drains my battery faster. I also have to set my Standby timer to at least 10m depending on what I am doing. But if I have the timer at 6s I have connection issues. I also have noticed that when I have fewer other radio signals (at the college soccer game) there is better connection stability, say 90% but when at a pro football game (Bears) I tend to have 70-80%.
sjcarrera

Postby Tigershark » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:58 am

Yes, you brought up the D5 + WT6 combination.
So did I recently but it seems there’s no solution to get this running with Shuttersnitch.
At least I haven’t seen any suggestion in that sense
other than “try and error”.
Seems we gotta look elsewhere.
Tigershark

Postby TheBrew » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:36 am

Hi again Tigershark.

As you can see sjcarrera *has it working*, just not as stable as the WT-5a. And here's another user who confirms it works.

Yes, these decades old FTP solutions are pretty complicated to set up if you're not completely into TCP networking, but that's just how it was before cameras gained built-in wi-fi and mostly-auto-setup-guides.

The thing is, when I try to help you, you don't answer my questions. Which makes it impossible to guide you. I'd love to help, but you'll have to do what I suggest and answer my questions, not just tell me that you've "tried everything and it doesn't work". If you're up to that, please let me know in your original thread.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby lysakerphoto » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:59 pm

I can not reset my superuser password on my iPhone X
lysakerphoto

Postby TheBrew » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:36 pm

lysakerphoto wrote:I can not reset my superuser password on my iPhone X

Here's how to do it: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=558
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Nikon WT / WU-1a / WU-1b / Nikon built-in Wi-Fi