D4s, Wt5 and iphone XS

Help and ask for help on your Nikon wireless file transmitter

D4s, Wt5 and iphone XS

Postby evh » Thu May 23, 2019 5:16 pm

I have been struggling to get my D4s with WT5 working with my iPhone (latest model, XS, running current iOS 12.3).

I used the comprehensive wt4 guide to set things up in my most recent attempt: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=406

On the D4s I get a connecting to network (with green signal on the WT5), then seconds later I get a FTP error and the connection name goes pink instead of green (orange blinking light on the WT5). I have traffic inspector set up in the ShutterSnitch app and it only ever says 'listening...' The gallery window says it is connected to the AdHoc network set up on my camera.

I'm wondering if there is a newer way to set things up needed due to the architecture of the iPhone XS or software in iOS 12? All the guides to setting up the D4s and WT5 seem to be based on iPhone 7/iOS 10 architecture...

Any advice about what to try next?
evh

Re: D4s, Wt5 and iphone XS

Postby TheBrew » Thu May 23, 2019 5:49 pm

The issue is usually the port. By default Nikons connect on port 21 - but ShutterSnitch is running on port 26000 to avoid conflicts with other apps.

If you don't have any other apps that run FTP servers on your iOS device, the easiest way to fix this is to go into the ShutterSnitch settings and change the FTP port to 21. Then try connecting with the camera again.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Nikon WT / WU-1a / WU-1b / Nikon built-in Wi-Fi