Z6 MIFI hotspot connection iPhone and iPad

Help and ask for help on your Nikon wireless file transmitter

Z6 MIFI hotspot connection iPhone and iPad

Postby Kjell » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:12 pm

I have my Nikon Z6 setup and connected via a MIFI to my iPhone and iPad with shutter snitch. The Z6 is working wit connect to PC and I'm selectively sending pictures to my iPhone and iPad. Everything works well. But I have a huge upload speed difference between my iPhone and iPad. 1MB file on iPhone about one minute and the same file to my iPad Pro takes only 3 seconds. I hope that anybody can explain to me why there is such a big difference and hopefully how I can get the same upload speed to my iPhone?
Kjell

Re: Z6 MIFI hotspot connection iPhone and iPad

Postby TheBrew » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:41 pm

What kind of iPhone do you have?

There's no difference in the code ShutterSnitch is running whether it's on an iPad or an iPhone. So any difference you see will be down to the CPU speed of the two or the antenna / communication chips.

Is your iPhone battery still good? If it's old, iOS could be slowing the CPU down (can be fixed by having the battery replaced). You can check the battery health in the Settings app under Battery > Battery Health.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Kjell » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:39 am

It is the latest iPhone xs and the iPad pro 11’ Both running the latest IOS. And when I run the test everything is in close proximity of each other. So still wondering where the big difference comes from. I will try an other older iPhone. Is the someone with the same setup getting better download speeds with an iPhone?
Kjell

Postby Clem » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:37 am

Could you explain, how to connect the Z6 to Shuttersnitch on the iPhone via a mifi? Is this really possible and is it possible to connect more than one camera like this to Shuttersnitch? Thanks a lot, Clem
Clem

Return to Nikon WT / WU-1a / WU-1b / Nikon built-in Wi-Fi