Nikon z9

Help and ask for help on your Nikon wireless file transmitter

Re: Nikon z9

Postby Photong » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:54 pm

Wow!, that is great news. I will wait for the approval of the new version and will keep you posted. Thanks for all the “small fixes” you do to keep this program up to date.
Photong

Postby TheBrew » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:46 am

Thank you for reporting it! :) The update is out now - looking forward to hearing if it's solved on your end!
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Photong » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:26 pm

Got it! It works! Yeeeesssss! I will test it on a real scenario on Tuesday, and will get back to you if I find any issues but so far is working, so Thank you very much for this update, don’t know how may z9 shooters use Shuttershitch so far but I’m happy and glad that you took the time to fix it.
Photong

Postby TheBrew » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:06 am

Fantastic! Fingers crossed you have more good news soon. :)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Photong » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:24 am

Great news, two shoots today one controlled on studio and other on location with a lot of media around meaning a lot of traffic. It work flawless. No connection loop, receiving pictures really fast keeping with my pace.

Thank you for bring it back to life. I almost cry.
Photong

Postby TheBrew » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:23 am

Wonderful! Thanks for confirming - and thanks to the forum member who graciously loaned me his camera! (Don't know if he wants to stay anonymous.. :)
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby dcsphoto » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:46 am

Are there instructions for using the Z9 with shutter snitch? I've read this thread and can't seem to get it to work.
Thanks
dcsphoto

Postby TheBrew » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:00 am

First, make sure you have an active ShutterSnitch subscription (collection overview -> Options -> Subscription).

* In ShutterSnitch, go to the collection overview -> Options -> 'Setup Guide' and pick 'Nikon WU / Built-in Wi-Fi', Tap 'Done' and enter a collection.

* On the camera, go to the Globe-icon, pick 'Connect to computer' and make sure that 'Connection type' is 'PC' (picture transfer) and 'Options' -> 'Auto upload' is on. Then go into 'Network settings' and create a profile that connects to the network your iOS device is on. (Or, have the camera create its own network that the iOS device must join ..I forget if this is an option here, and I had to return the camera so I can't verify). Follow the on-screen setup guide, but when it asks you to open the Nikon app, don't, just make sure you're inside a collection in ShutterSnitch. That's your "Nikon app" now.

That's for sending photos as you take them. If you want to browse the contents of the card, you'll need to use the Globe-icon -> 'Connect to smart device' instead.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby dcsphoto » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:00 pm

That worked perfectly both through my home router and direct from iPhone to camera. I saw when the phones screen shuts down I get a message to reopen shutter snitch to continue transfers. Is there anyway around that besides keeping the phone from sleeping and locking?
dcsphoto

Postby TheBrew » Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:34 am

There's no Apple sanctioned way of me asking to keep going in the background, so my workaround has been to add the Pocket Mode, which turns the screen brightness all the way down and shows a blank screen with a slider that you need to slide over in order to return to normal.

In Filmstrip mode you'll find it in the menu items for the tool-button.

In the Grid mode, tap and hold the title-bar to customize the toolbar and drag the Pocket Mode button into the toolbar.
TheBrew
The Developer

Previous

Return to Nikon WT / WU-1a / WU-1b / Nikon built-in Wi-Fi