wt 5 setup

Help and ask for help on your Nikon wireless file transmitter

Re: wt 5 setup

Postby TheBrew » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:04 pm

So what's the status now?

The WT can log in, but when you take a photo, it blinks red and fails?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby greenagency » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:10 pm

Ok. I dont have to jump. I have figured it out. Here's what I figured out.

1. If you ad a folder name, it kills the network so have to leave that blank
2. Seems as if auto send is off by default, have to turn that on. I think that may have been the main issue here.
3. When setting up the tcp/ip. let it obtain automatically. I had network failure when I set it up manually.

Hope these help the next guy.

I want you to know I really appreciate the service and support and will be recommending your company to everyone I work with. Its really impressive how quick you were on responses. If you ever need a testimonial written, shoot me an email at roper@greenagency.net.
greenagency

Postby TheBrew » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:15 pm

Hehe thanks, and good to hear!

A nice rating or review on the App Store is all I can wish for :)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby smoak5 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:17 am

I am having a different problem. Following the examples previously, I am able to transfer images to my iPhone 5. Using the exact same settings on my iPad, nothing happens. The d4 keeps trying to connect to network and nothing transfers to my iPad. The iPhone 5 is on a different wifi network btw. Any help?
smoak5

Postby Onlyaguest » Sat May 14, 2016 9:56 pm

Very old post, but still current :-)
I followed the post, but it still does not work...no contact to FTP network.

The manual of WT-5 said: Port 21 for FTP...

I changed the port at settings of shuttersnitch from 26000 to 21, and it still work.

May be someone need this information...
Onlyaguest

Postby Rogierbos » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:30 pm

PLEASE HELP!

I have a D5 and the WT5. I am trying to connect to Shuttersnitch on my iPadPro.
I had everything working on the D4, but on the D5 things seem a litte different. For instance, there is no AdHoc option. Since I want to be able to use shuttersnitch outside, I am using the 'Access Point' Communication mode. But, when I choose that, I cannot enter the right TCP/IP info.
So I switch to the other mode ('infrastructure') and enter 192.168.1.123 and Port 26000 (where shuttersnitch says it's listening). Then I switch back to the 'Access Point' mode. Now the TCP/iP info shows up, though greyed out.
Now I switch on the profile. On the iPad I can log into the wifi network. I ave entered IP address and subnet mask and router info correctly. At this point think everything should happen smoothly. However, the camera just 'connecting to the network' forever.

I have browsed through these forums. One suggestion I found was to toggle the 'auto send' option on the camera. Made no difference.
I have also looked at the 'Traffic Inspector'. All the info seems correct. Yet there is no data transfer happening.

I'm going crazy! I',m quite sure it's a little something I am missing here or there... but I can't figure this out. Can anyone help me?

I originally made this a new topic. There were no responses. The forummaster suggested I tag this question on to an exisiting thread, in the hope someone would read this and jump in to help. I'm so hoping that wil happen!!!

Thanks in advance!
From Holland, Rogier
Rogierbos

Postby Stephan Schrön » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:48 pm

Hallo ! ich habe Nikon D5 mit WT5 und ein neues Handy. Am 4S arbeitete alles sehr zufrieden. Jetzt mit dem Iphone 8 kann ich eine Verbindung aber keine bilder senden !! können sie helfen?
Stephan Schrön

Postby TheBrew » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:55 pm

I can only help in English or Danish, so I hope you can read this :)

Do you connect directly to the WT or via a wi-fi router?
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Stephan Schrön » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:00 pm

TheBrew wrote:I can only help in English or Danish, so I hope you can read this :)

Do you connect directly to the WT or via a wi-fi router?

Directly with WT 5 of the camera (English translater)
Stephan Schrön

Postby TheBrew » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:10 pm

Alright, after you connect to the camera, open ShutterSnitch and go into a collection. Note the numbers shown at the top of the screen (example: 192.168.1.2).

Now go verify that the FTP Server address in your camera WT setup matches that number. If not, that is the problem and you need to update the setting.

It is very likely that your WT gives your iPhone 4S one address, and your iPhone 8 another.
TheBrew
The Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Nikon WT / WU-1a / WU-1b / Nikon built-in Wi-Fi