Nikon Coolpix P900 Not Connecting

Help and ask for help on your Nikon wireless file transmitter

Nikon Coolpix P900 Not Connecting

Postby nwactionworks » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:09 pm

Hello,

New to the forum and the app. Hoping we can get it working as I think it will solve a lot of problems that we've been having with the Nikon WMU app!

So far, when attempting to get our Nikon P900 to connect using the built in wifi, it will not connect. I am using an IPad Air that is fully updated. The P900 is placed in wifi mode and it's network is selected in the settings on the IPad (which has always worked fine with the WMU app). Opened Shuttersnitch, selected the Nikon built in wifi in the setup, opened a new collection and waited for it to connect. Never got there. Camera eventually timed out.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this camera not going to be compatible with this app? Anything else I should be trying?

My main reason for doing this is to be able to easily transfer videos from the camera, and potentially control them from them app if possible. So hopefully this will work!

Thank you in advance for your help!
nwactionworks

Re: Nikon Coolpix P900 Not Connecting

Postby TheBrew » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:33 pm

ShutterSnitch doesn't play videos no. You can download them and export to other apps, but that's it.

I don't have a P900 so I haven't tested with one. It sounds like it expects something while connecting that ShutterSnitch doesn't handle. Hopefully I can add support for it in the future, but sadly the price points expected for mobile apps don't allow me to buy new cameras all the time..

Of course I understand if you don't want to take the chance on a "maybe one day", so if you want your money back, click the "Report issue" link in the receipt mail you get from Apple and ask them for a return.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Nikon WT / WU-1a / WU-1b / Nikon built-in Wi-Fi