D750 unable to import

Help and ask for help on your Nikon wireless file transmitter

D750 unable to import

Postby Vinyl Lionel » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:28 pm

Hi all, I saw the ss app on a friends phone and thought it would be ideal for me, unfortunately I'm having a major issue.

I bought a used iphone 5 purely to run this app when on Photo jobs, but cannot figure out why the images aren't importing. Also, more importantly, I thought the app would allow me to send images from the camera to the app as I shoot..."LIVE" so to speak. I've scoured the forum for an answer but am struggling. Is this an app setting I'm overlooking or a prob with the D750? Any help out there?

**UPDATE - the camera will now longer connect to the app, it times out**

Many thanks
Vinyl Lionel

Re: D750 unable to import

Postby TheBrew » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:42 pm

Vinyl Lionel wrote:.. I thought the app would allow me to send images from the camera to the app as I shoot..."LIVE" so to speak. I've scoured the forum for an answer but am struggling.

Yes, this is how it works. Setup and connection is pretty straightforward: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1225

Vinyl Lionel wrote:**UPDATE - the camera will now longer connect to the app, it times out**

Important to know: The connection can only be established / stay connected when you're inside a collection. If you exit it, the connection is severed.

How far have you made it so far? Have you been able to connect to it and browse the images on the camera?
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Vinyl Lionel » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:53 pm

Thanks, I wasn't aware the connection dies if I exit the collection, so all good.

I can go to Import Images and see the D750 listed and then select images on the camera, I then click Import (Don't import raw files) - but nothing happens.

Also, I'm not able to get it to send the files from camera to app LIVE - that totally eludes me.
Vinyl Lionel

Postby TheBrew » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:02 pm

In case you're only shooting Raw files: Check the ShutterSnitch settings to see if 'Accept JPEGs only' is turned on. Turn it off, if you want to receive Raws. Or, the preferred alternative speed-wise, make your camera also take JPEGs.

The second thing to check in the ShutterSnitch settings: Is 'Download only protected files' off? (The row right above the Accept JPEGs only.) If it's turned on, only files you manually protect on the camera will be transmitted.

If none of those settings are the reason, try turning on Traffic Inspector at the bottom of the ShutterSnitch settings, then go into a collection and pair up with the camera, then take a photo, wait a few moments for it not to transfer, then copy the log and paste it in a post here.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby Vinyl Lionel » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:22 pm

Thanks, it was the "download only protected images" option which was selected. All works well now.

Cheers
Vinyl Lionel

Postby TheBrew » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:26 pm

Great! :)

Note, if you're going to use the protect feature with the D750: For some reason it only sends the protect-events to ShutterSnitch if you shoot both Raw+JPEG.
TheBrew
The Developer

Return to Nikon WT / WU-1a / WU-1b / Nikon built-in Wi-Fi