About use with Nikon Z6

Help and ask for help on your Nikon wireless file transmitter

About use with Nikon Z6

Postby ticktack » Tue May 07, 2019 7:06 am

I'm sorry I can not speak English.

I am writing using google translation.

Photos taken when Z6 and Shuttersnitch are connected via Wi-Fi will be transferred automatically.

Photos taken when Z6 and Shuttersnitch are not connected will not be transferred automatically when Wi-Fi is connected later.

Is it possible to automatically transfer if there are untransferred image files when connecting to Wi-Fi?
ticktack

Re: About use with Nikon Z6

Postby TheBrew » Tue May 07, 2019 7:54 am

It cannot be done automatically, but after connecting to the camera, you can tap the wrench-button-> Import images -> Nikon Z6 to manually import photos.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby ticktack » Tue May 07, 2019 9:13 am

Thank you.

Will it be possible to automatically transfer untransferred image files in the future?

There are several reasons why you want automatic transfer of untransferred image files on a Wi-Fi connection.

Z6 Wi-fi will be cut off automatically after a certain time. If it is disconnected automatically, it will not reconnect automatically.

Even if the power of the Z6 is turned off, Wi-fi will be cut off after a certain time, and even if the power of the Z6 is turned on again, the Wi-fi will not start up automatically.

Therefore, time and effort to ON sure Wi-fi before shooting will occur. And sometimes I forget to turn on Wi-fi.

The situation of the electric wave is bad and Wi-fi may be cut off.

It is a lot of trouble to operate Shuttersnitch with iPad every time transfer does not go well.

The advantage of Shuttersnitch that image files are transferred automatically is lost.

Although my memory may be wrong, FlashAir thinks that the untransferred image file was transferred automatically at the time of Wi-Fi reconnection.

Even Wi-fi of Z6 we want you to move in the same way.
ticktack

Postby TheBrew » Tue May 07, 2019 9:24 am

That is just not how PTP/IP cameras work.

If you want ShutterSnitch to keep track on what is transferred and what is not, you should get a wi-fi card instead.
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby ticktack » Tue May 07, 2019 9:53 am

I see!

I finally understand.

Thank you for your polite response up to here.
ticktack

Return to Nikon WT / WU-1a / WU-1b / Nikon built-in Wi-Fi