Transfer images via ‘send to smart device’ in Nikon D850

Suggest away - maybe I'll like the idea :)

Transfer images via ‘send to smart device’ in Nikon D850

Postby avlk » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:31 pm

Hi!

Is there a way to transfer protected and checked inages with ‘send to smart device’ option after establishing a wi-fi connection in D850?

Here is an example of how I do it in D750 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-l9lO13l58

Here is an example of how I do it in D850 but ‘send to smart device’ doesn't work. It works only when a connection is already established and I press the ‘lock’ button. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwrjOVpkVI0

In D850 I have to establish a wi-fi connection before the start of taking pictures and keep connection during a 2-4 hours shoot. This way is draining camera battery and risky to use a phone without a power bank even if Shuttersnitch is in ‘pocket mode’.

In some cases, it’s really useful to download images after a session like in D750.

Thank you!
avlk

Re: Transfer images via ‘send to smart device’ in Nikon D850

Postby sonander » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:30 pm

Hi

I learnt from the brew the other week how to import only protected images afterwards. When you established the WiFi connection select ShutterSnitch to import images from the camera, press and hold the select all images button. Now you will get an option to select only protected.

Peter
sonander

Postby avlk » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:50 pm

sonander wrote:Hi

I learnt from the brew the other week how to import only protected images afterwards. When you established the WiFi connection select ShutterSnitch to import images from the camera, press and hold the select all images button. Now you will get an option to select only protected.

Peter

Thank you!
avlk

Postby SeBBoZ » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:47 pm

Thank you for the tip
SeBBoZ

Return to Feature suggestions