wired import from Lightning-SD card reader?

Suggest away - maybe I'll like the idea :)

wired import from Lightning-SD card reader?

Postby meshtale » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:25 pm

So I am often working in challenging public spaces where any wifi between my camera and my iPad is a very weak and unreliable link. We love Shuttersnitch and use it for marking select images for further promotion for social media channels during live events. However, often when working in convention centers, the RF/wifi spectrum is so overused that the link between the camera and iPad fails when we are working in a room with several thousand other wifi devices also in the audience...

So we have taken to importing via the camera's SD card directly into our iPad's camera roll and then importing from the camera roll into ShutterSnitch. This works, but it does result in a two step process to get my jpgs into ShutterSnitch (though it does work better than trying to use flakey wifi).

Question is, how difficult would it be to allow Shuttersnitch to see and have import options from a physically attached SD card on my iPad??? rather than just from the camera roll?

Many thanks for an awesome product!

-Steve
meshtale

Re: wired import from Lightning-SD card reader?

Postby sonander » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:44 am

Plus one for this!

In ios13 the usb interface is open so it could even be tethered using cable.
sonander

Postby tombode » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:25 pm

Hear hear!
I wonder if it is a ios limitation that no app has the ability to see if a image is locked or not.
Searching for a app that imports all locked pictures automatically (like photomechanic on desktop can)
tombode

Postby fosete » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:55 pm

tombode wrote:Hear hear!
I wonder if it is a ios limitation that no app has the ability to see if a image is locked or not.
Searching for a app that imports all locked pictures automatically (like photomechanic on desktop can)

+1000

It´s a ideal scenario for me and for much people:

Import locked photos (RAW/JPEG) - incremental ingest, copy new photos only - export and sync to Dropbox / FTP / Other services

When have a remote editor its a ideal scenario with Shuttersnitch....for work without PC.....
i pay if necessary for implement this!!!

(sorry for my english)

Thanks!
fosete

Postby fosete » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:42 am

Please @thebrew consider this!!!! ;-)

Thanks!
fosete

Postby adwerk » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:52 pm

Me-too

But I think I read somewhere that images has to go to camera roll first - some apple “we do it our way” stupidness.
adwerk

Return to Feature suggestions