Use Star Rating in SS to Tag images when exporting...

Suggest away - maybe I'll like the idea :)

Use Star Rating in SS to Tag images when exporting...

Postby AndyG » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:07 am

To add a few more words to this....

Today I used a combination of Eye-fi Card in camera, transmitting out via wifi to iPad into ShutterSnitch during a portrait session. As images were appearing in the iPad collection I asked my customer to give me an initial rating of images using the 'Star Rating' as the shoot was progressing as an interactive session, which worked really well.

More detail...My camera (nikon d300s) has two card slots, 1 taken up by a CF card, set to receive raw images, and 1 taken up by an eye-fi card set to receive small jpg's and transmit to my iPad.

My thinking was that I could use the star rating system in ShutterSnitch to identify the customer selected images (small jpg's transmitted from camera to iPad), export these via ftp to my MacBook (Which worked by selecting 'Show only tagged images'), and use these jpg's as a filter when importing all the raw files into my MacBook using Aperture.

This, as a workflow, would work really well, IF there was some way of tagging the images (EXIF, IPCT) with the star selection in SS, so that when I exported them via FTP I could make use of the import facilities in Aperture (and LR?) by making use of the SS Star Rating, which could be embedded into the EXIF/IPTC/Some other place in the file that could be used by Aperture/LightRoom etc as a filter

Hope this make sense, if not please let me know, because as a photographer, this would make your program (which I think has so much potential) into an even more useful tool.

The integration of the camera (via e.g. eye-fi), through a device such as an iPad/Tablet for Initial customer selection and review into Pro software such as Aperture/LightRoom for the Photographer to work on would be awesome.

Cheers

Andy
AndyG

Re: Use Star Rating in SS to Tag images when exporting...

Postby TheBrew » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:15 pm

I understand fully.

Saving the star rating into the metadata is a very important missing feature. I've been working on it, but it's not quite there yet. Hang in there :)
Support the development of ShutterSnitch: Rate/review it in iTunes, Tweet about it, make Youtube videos, blog about it.. Get the word out.
TheBrew
The Developer

Postby AndyG » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:16 pm

Hi,

Many thanks for the response - I will keep watching out for this

Cheers

Andy
AndyG

Postby leehogan » Fri May 04, 2012 1:18 pm

There is an app called Snitch Sync that makes a decent stab at this...
leehogan

Return to Feature suggestions